RTC vs Tiger Shovelnose

Rocco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2007
Dover, NH
My LFS just got in a fish that was sent to them as a hybrid. The supplier lists it as a RTC, Shovelnose cross. The scientific name is given as Phractocephalus Hemiliopterus x Pseudoplatystoma Fasciatum. Does anyone know if this is possible? I will try to get a photo of it the next time I am there.

pendog66

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2008
ohio
www.youtube.com
basslover34;1753048; said:
you might feel that your feeding to the max.. but speaking from experiance even a Full RTC will actually throw up just so it can eat something else that it thinks it wants more...

i feed bruiser every couple days basically until he cant move, and the other fish i have then on heavy eating schedules so they can get big quick and not become a snack anytime soon

Tunez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
Westport,Ma
Rocco;1756223; said:
My LFS just got in a fish that was sent to them as a hybrid. The supplier lists it as a RTC, Shovelnose cross. The scientific name is given as Phractocephalus Hemiliopterus x Pseudoplatystoma Fasciatum. Does anyone know if this is possible? I will try to get a photo of it the next time I am there.
sorry to take it off topic kinda, but to answer rocco's question. yea there is a red tail and tiger shovel nose hybrid, alot of ppl of the forums here just call it rtcxtsn. It's not a natural hybrid, it is created in a lab.

heres a picture of mine when i first got him

S6300359.JPG

S6300356.JPG

S6300353.JPG

Rocco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2007
Dover, NH
Sorry about the last post. Thank you for going off topic for me. Your fish looks just like the one we have at the LFS.

klmt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
CT
ya that is not a very big tank for the oscars, rtc, channel cat AND tsn. looks lke a 55.that is a problem obviously i know you know that but what are your future plans tankwise for all these monsters. and actually what is the size of that tank they are in now?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store