RTG , Oscars, Parrots Transportation !

ajit8055

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2017
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Hi fellow monster keepers ! My work calls for shifting from my present location (Mysore) to Bangalore, India ! It's roughly 150km drive (3Hrs travelling duration max!) . I currently own RTG, a pair of Copper Oscars, 4 pairs of Blood parrots, 2 butterfly Kois. Considering the Bagging time and shifting of 5.5ft aquarium the whole process would be 6 to 8 hrs ! For now I m considering bagging them with the help of LFS, and placing them in cardboard box with styrofoam packing and bubble wrap for extra care ! For the aquarium , I m planning to wrap the whole tank with styrofoam layer followed by bubble wrap and placing it on a foam bed!

I m still not 100% satisfied and confident with the process !

Open to suggestion and kindly help me with the same fellow mates !

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
As far as the fish are concerned if they are bagged properly they can easily survive 8 hours.
Fish are commonly shipped for more then 24 hours in bags pack in styrofoam boxes.
For moving the tank sounds like you are doing about all you can. Just try to make sure there are no pressure points and the tank is being supported fully.

Reactions: ajit8055

Sarahrah89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2016
I usually don't bag my fish when I move house. I just put them all in a big cooler with a battery operated air bubbler and water from the tank. Haven't had any major losses to date.

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
I usually don't bag my fish when I move house. I just put them all in a big cooler with a battery operated air bubbler and water from the tank. Haven't had any major losses to date.
I use a similar method but with multiple coolers (big fish can and will fight during transport), and a large air pump that runs from an ac inverter from the car cigarette lighter. The air pump powers several air stones in each cooler.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store