RTG, Parrots, and Oscars

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I'm not really following the feeding by hand so they don't bite you. It would be my opinion if you hand feed it teaches your fish to associate your hand as a food source.
I believe you are going to be bitten even more.

Reactions: ajit8055

ajit8055

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2017
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I'm not really following the feeding by hand so they don't bite you. It would be my opinion if you hand feed it teaches your fish to associate your hand as a food source.
I believe you are going to be bitten even more.
Request you to view the video on desktop via FB ! And they r def not feeding my hand but Feeding from my hand ! Thank you for your suggestion ! Will keep it in mind !

ajit8055

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2017
Request you to view the video on desktop via FB ! And they r def not feeding my hand but Feeding from my hand ! Thank you for your suggestion ! Will keep it in mind !
I tried posting the video via Insta too but in vain ! But if u wish to see, user name : kaizoku_91 ! U will see an India guy with a black velvet blazer posing and that would be my profile !

Kudos !

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
That may be so but you have food in your hand. What happens when you are just cleaning the tank and you dont have any food in your hand?
They will bite. I know this first hand. No pun intended!

ajit8055

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2017
That may be so but you have food in your hand. What happens when you are just cleaning the tank and you dont have any food in your hand?
They will bite. I know this first hand. No pun intended!
sure ! Will keep this in mind ! But I keep massaging them every now and then ! Thank you Big-bro ! Will post a video when I get around this privacy setting too !

ajit8055

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2017
About training your wet pets ! I feel it's just like training any other household pets ! I try to raise them from fries so that they get to know me ! It's all about how much time and attention you give them ! Just for the fact I have licensed Macau, Cuckoo, Cocatoo, several Budgies, Spotted Geckos, Iguanas, and currently planning to adopt a wild Lion at Mysore/ Bannerghatta Zoological Garden! Ultimately what you give is what you get ! They too are pretty much Conscious !!

I know this not the forum to discuss all this ! But that's the jist! New to aquatic life ! Want to give my full as we are all one with nature !

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I agree the more you interact with you fish they will learn you and your habits. They will start to understand why you are in the tank.
I hand feed some of my fish as well and I'm in no way telling you to stop. If you enjoy hand feeding hey man! Go for it. They are your pets.
But, they will learn that your hands mean food and they will bite you if they think there should be food in your hand. Good news is they can't really do that much damage. Not like some fish can.

I used to hand feed my salt water tank. Big mistake! I had a dog face puffer remove the end of my index finger like it was nothing. That hurt! Bad. But it wasn't his fault it was mine I shouldn't have been hand feeding him shrimp. I got in tank to move a rock that had fallen and he got me. He thought there is where my food comes from. I'm hungry, so why not?

Not trying to get you to stop. Just sharing my own experiences. Good luck with all your animals.

ajit8055

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2017
I agree the more you interact with you fish they will learn you and your habits. They will start to understand why you are in the tank.
I hand feed some of my fish as well and I'm in no way telling you to stop. If you enjoy hand feeding hey man! Go for it. They are your pets.
But, they will learn that your hands mean food and they will bite you if they think there should be food in your hand. Good news is they can't really do that much damage. Not like some fish can.

I used to hand feed my salt water tank. Big mistake! I had a dog face puffer remove the end of my index finger like it was nothing. That hurt! Bad. But it wasn't his fault it was mine I shouldn't have been hand feeding him shrimp. I got in tank to move a rock that had fallen and he got me. He thought there is where my food comes from. I'm hungry, so why not?

Not trying to get you to stop. Just sharing my own experiences. Good luck with all your animals.
Thank you very much for educating me in this aspect ! Will definitely look out ! Like I said this is a learning stage for me ! Aquatics is a new life I m getting into ! Had my fair share of trouble with other wild species too ! Rome wasn't built in a day rite ! Let's look towards building that trust factor! We are swimming in the same MFK boat mate ! Thank you ! Cheers !

Looking forward to setting up a salt water tank in the long run! Will keep u posted ! Do feed me with inputs and what to look out for !

This is def a great platform for learning !

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Lots of knowledge on MFK for sure. There are people here who specialize in just about any fish you can keep in an aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store