Rupununi (Guyana) 125g biotope update

Rupununi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2011
Texas
I shot a 3 minute video of my 125 SA biotope featuring mostly cichlids from the Rupununi savanna region of Guyana, a portal between the Amazon and Essequibo River drainages. Most of my fish are still pretty small and lack the color that I hope to eventually achieve but I am overall fairly pleased with the setup and diversity of fishes. I'd be interested to see if someone can name all of the species in the tank; each makes an appearance at least once. :) Sorry in advance for the quality of he video, I don't have a good camera (yet).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRQ98xVtaFI

Eläköön

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2008
Aşgabat Türkmenistan
Wow I love it! Its amazing what people can do when they put their mind to it. I've always loved the way biotope aquariums look. 10/10 from me.

Also those large characins with the black line , what are they? i like them :)

Rupununi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2011
Texas
Eläköön;5330578 said:
Wow

Also those large characins with the black line , what are they? i like them :)
Those are Hemiodus gracilis, redtail hemiodus. I think they've been reclassified as Hemiodopsis but usually still listed as Hemiodus when for sale. I love them! My tank is peaceful so "dithers" aren't really necessary but for those seeking a SA dither species, I highly recommend these over the typical mundane silver dollar or some other species that aren't even from the same continent...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store