RWalleyTX Eheim 2262 setup/review THE BIG ONE

RWalleyTX

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2016
Just did a dampening pad install and turned the pump sideways. So far the sound of the hum has improved but not dead silent. I would say it's about 25% improvement. It is close enough for me though and I'm pretty picky when it comes to sound. I also installed the 2 Poret pads and I had to remove about a liter of mech to get everything to fit in there without being tight. So far I would say there is about 3 liters of mech 8 liters of substrat pro and (2) 2 inch Poret pads. This is what you will need just in case anyone is wondering. I also added about 7 ft of tubing on the outtake side because eheim does not give you enough tubing to put the in and out on opposite sides. I also added a eheim removable zip clamp to the 16/22 side that is attached to the pump itself as there was none included and it seem like it could possibly slip off without one. So far I'm loving the filter. I plan to run it for maybe up to a year before I get my 125 and I will put my original filter back on this tank and move the 2262 on that and move the fish as well.

IMG_0227.JPG

RWalleyTX

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2016
some time has passed and the pump has got slightly less noisy on its own but not silent. I just installed the sliptogrip gel pad and it does work! It's better then the .1 thick neoprine I had tried because it was just a scrap piece that was laying around and I figured I would just try it. I was still wondering if I could get even more vibration dampening......the answer: Sorbothane!!! I purchased a piece that was already close to the pump base size and just cut it to fit perfect and I cored out 4 holes for the screws. It is now silent for my standards. Although not 0 db I would say it's close just a faint hum in a silent room. I picked up a 1/8 thick piece of sorbothane from eBay for $13 the slip to grip was about $8 and the neoprine was free but if you were to buy it that size would be about $2-$4. This is my opinion on the dampening power percentage.

Neoprine 20% improvement

Sliptogrip "cell phone pad" 40% improvement

Sorbothane 60% improvement

If your picky about sound I would pick the sorbothane for sure and it is worth every bit of $13. I don't think it can get any better than this as far as sound dampening especially a pump of this size that pushes 900gph. Again the eheim pump alone with no dampening is not lound when compared to all the other pump company's out there but if you want silent this is the best I have found and simple to install. I purchased a 6x6x1/8 thick. I then cut it to the base plate size of 5.5x5 1/8 cored 4 holes screw it down to when you notice the material start to compress.

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

Last edited:

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2007
California "City With A Mission"
I'm years late to tnis party as I research ways to dampen my Eheim 2262 from the annoying hum. I tried one gel pad and there's no difference in hum. I'm not sure if an additional gel pad makes any difference. I even replaced the impeller! Anyway, I'll try the sorbothane. If no noticable improvement, I may sell the 2262.

RWalleyTX, where did you get the magnetic holders for your 2262 intake tube?

Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store