Safely Shipping Pacu

Steve Bondulich

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2018
Good Morning. I am looking into how to safely sedate & transport my 4 year old, 24" Pacu from N.Y. to Tuscon., Az. where he will live in a Rescue Sanctuary.. It is a 7.5 hour flight, not including transport to & from the east coast & Southwest airports. I have been told to use either Tranquil or Aquacalm to sedate him for transport. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the correct dosage would be, he is over 5 lbs. Also where would i get a small oxygen cylinder to put air into his shipping bag before I seal it & send him off ? If anyone has experience in shipping a large fish via air transport, please get back to me ! He has a loving home waiting for him in Tuscon , i just need to know these details so he will arrive safe & in good health...

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
fugupuff fugupuff He has shipped large fish before. His time is valuable so if he replies then don't waste his time

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Definitely contact bigrich545 bigrich545 at Ohio Fish Rescue, great guy and will provide a home for your Pacu or find a home for him.

Steve Bondulich

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2018
Thank You for that info ! hope he sees my post....Also thanks for letting me know about Ohio Fish rescue !
Definitely contact bigrich545 bigrich545 at Ohio Fish Rescue, great guy and will provide a home for your Pacu or find a home for him.
Thanks, Deeda ... I sent a message to their Facebook Page, hoping to hear back soon...

Steve Bondulich

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2018
There is someone in NY who wants a big pacu.. I hope he contacts to.

Also, Ohio Fish Rescue takes pacu.
Got in touch with Ohio FisH Rescue, they found 1 person in NY, has a 150 gallon tank- smaller than the 180 he's in now! Please keep your fingers crossed that someone else will want him. i am willing to sedate & ship him to Ohio, it's a little over 2 hour flight from N.Y. ...

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not since you did start this thread asking how to ship a large pacu so I'm gonna go with the latter.
If you talk to fugupuff fugupuff then maybe he could arrange to find a person who can take care of it and either you ship it to him directly or ship it to fugu and he ships it to the guy. Maybe ask vincentwugwg vincentwugwg because he has large fish and may be looking for a pacu? Unlikely but possible.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not since you did start this thread asking how to ship a large pacu so I'm gonna go with the latter.
If you talk to fugupuff fugupuff then maybe he could arrange to find a person who can take care of it and either you ship it to him directly or ship it to fugu and he ships it to the guy. Maybe ask vincentwugwg vincentwugwg because he has large fish and may be looking for a pacu? Unlikely but possible.
Bill gates would do it too with his money so will Jeff Bezos. Try hitting up the website owner Neo he has experience in shipping too. So I’m not sure if your being sarcastic, but I doubt these guys have the time to do this but it’s a nice way to give them attention they probably don’t want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store