Salminus Franciscanus (Golden Dorado)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Like most of the fishes that I have kept, the first six months have just been a waiting game. Waiting for them to pop in size, color, and character. I can see changes are starting to happen. The next six months hopefully will be exciting.

Here's a video from tonight. They have been doing this regularly after feeding. They do this wagon train routine....just circling like they're protecting something.

Reactions: cigars and moe214

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Like most of the fishes that I have kept, the first six months have just been a waiting game. Waiting for them to pop in size, color, and character. I can see changes are starting to happen. The next six months hopefully will be exciting.

Here's a video from tonight. They have been doing this regularly after feeding. They do this wagon train routine....just circling like they're protecting something.

This is how they start to warm up, it's like they come close and then double back, eventually they will start coming to the fore front of the tank and stare at you, mine used to do this before, now they are comfortable enough to stay at the front, if I am sitting still, but will get back to circling if I make any movement.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
They are getting thicker, and have got that hump back

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Mine were getting that hump when I used to feed them clarias magur fillet, the meat was extremely fatty, as these catfish were farm bred and fed on mostly waste from slaughter homes.

Now I feed only wild caught Tilapia fillet, the dorados have become leaner and have lost the hump.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I saw someone say something about hobbyist making their dorados obeast

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store