Salminus Franciscanus (Golden Dorado)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Can you enlighten us as to what we're looking at? I can't tell 60s from lately. ZL1? Hoping its something that can run circles around a corn fed Dodge Neon.
Here's me a Car and Coffee. The Camaro forum said we were going to meet there. Like an idiot, I show up. Do you see any other Camaro? No! Lots of Ricers and Stangs....my first and last. I have a 2010 SS/RS. OK, I derailed my own thread enough. I need to post more dorado pics.

camaro.jpg

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
ZL1 is Americans answer to super cars. Fast till you hit a turn :p
I could be wrong here but I believe Americas answer to super cars would be Hennessey's Venom GT, or the Ford GT. ZL1s can't lay claim to anything but becoming Demon food, just like Shelbys.... lol.

Here's me a Car and Coffee. The Camaro forum said we were going to meet there. Like an idiot, I show up. Do you see any other Camaro? No! Lots of Ricers and Stangs....my first and last. I have a 2010 SS/RS. OK, I derailed my own thread enough. I need to post more dorado pics.

View attachment 1311863
Ken. I apologize, I think I've been derailing your thread for a few pages now - I can clean that all up if you'd like.... lol. I can tell you though, cars like you have is exactly why I have a corn fed neon. Nobody sees me coming. They see a wing on a neon and laugh. Modern day muscle is so rediculous right from the factory that its easy to get them to play along. The embarassment they must feel afterwards has to pretty rough..... lol

I'm always ready to see more pics of your Dorado Ken.... Thats what brought us all here in the first place!

Reactions: moe214

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I could be wrong here but I believe Americas answer to super cars would be Hennessey's Venom GT, or the Ford GT. ZL1s can't lay claim to anything but becoming Demon food, just like Shelbys.... lol.

Ken. I apologize, I think I've been derailing your thread for a few pages now - I can clean that all up if you'd like.... lol. I can tell you though, cars like you have is exactly why I have a corn fed neon. Nobody sees me coming. They see a wing on a neon and laugh. Modern day muscle is so rediculous right from the factory that its easy to get them to play along. The embarassment they must feel afterwards has to pretty rough..... lol

I'm always ready to see more pics of your Dorado Ken.... Thats what brought us all here in the first place!
I wouldn’t put any million dollar hyper car in comparison. Zr1 would smoke a ford gt. I’d put the Zr1 more like Americans attempt at the 488, Hurracan, Audi R8, Porsche 911.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Video before weekly WC. They are swimming fast because they want food.
All the mulm will be removed during gravel vac and it really isn't that much.

Reactions: cigars and moe214

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
How big are they now Ken? Gotta be getting tight in there.... Wonder if they are going to start voting the weakest off the island??? Still toying with the idea of hanging on to them since you can't seem to find suitable replacements? Probably been brought up already but why not try ATF? The big eyes are nothing short of breath taking when big....

I don't know how much more of this I can take.... I watch your gold dorado, then I go watch my silver Dorado and it's not cutting it.....

I have a feeling Wes is going to owe you comission..... :(

Reactions: moe214

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Ken. I apologize, I think I've been derailing your thread for a few pages now - I can clean that all up if you'd like.... lol.

Alan, I apologize. I've been messing with you ray guys for a few pages now - I enjoyed it the whole time.....lol.

I can tell you though, cars like you have is exactly why I have a corn fed neon. Nobody sees me coming. They see a wing on a neon and laugh.

I can tell you though, rays like you have is exactly why I have pellet fed fish. Nobody knows I exist. They see a 225g and laugh.

Modern day muscle is so rediculous right from the factory that its easy to get them to play along. The embarassment they must feel afterwards has to pretty rough..... lol

Modern day filter reactors is so ridiculous and hybrid $$$$ that its easy to get them to play along. The embarrassment they must feel afterwards has to be pretty rough....lmao

haha.....just messing with you buddy. :)

How big are they now Ken? Gotta be getting tight in there.... Wonder if they are going to start voting the weakest off the island??? Still toying with the idea of hanging on to them since you can't seem to find suitable replacements? Probably been brought up already but why not try ATF? The big eyes are nothing short of breath taking when big....

I don't know how much more of this I can take.... I watch your gold dorado, then I go watch my silver Dorado and it's not cutting it.....

I have a feeling Wes is going to owe you comission..... :(
No one is going to get voted off the island. This naked and afraid!
They have been punking each other from day one. As long as no one gets sick, no one will die.
Thanks for the comment on the dorados. I take it as a positive vote on my filter concept.

Reactions: moe214 and Dloks

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Your filter concept is over my head.... lol. Leaves me clueless. BUT the fish do speak for themselves! ;) Seems like they got huge in the what? Less then a year? What are they 15"?

You never answered about the big eyed atf.... Ever considered them???? :)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Your filter concept is over my head.... lol. Leaves me clueless. BUT the fish do speak for themselves! ;) Seems like they got huge in the what? Less then a year? What are they 15"?

You never answered about the big eyed atf.... Ever considered them???? :)
I think they are about 15" maybe a little bigger.
I thought you were talking about big eye trevally. No, I have not considered big eye ATF. They might be too mean for me. I only have a 225g...haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store