Saratoga/Barra tank mates?

Barraboy21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2017
Barramundi are a very fast growing fish. Mine went from an inch to almost 12" in less than a year, and he's not slowing down. The only issue with the aro being bigger is that jardinis are usually pretty mean. I'm not sure about leichardtis but I know people who have had jardinis that had to be kept alone. It certainly could work and I think it's worth a try. I've had my barra with far more interesting and odd tankmates so it would probably work.
They sure are fast growing. I have had my barra for close to 6 months now and hes becoming a little monster. The jardini arnt available from my LFS until around Christmas and will only be 8-10cm. I'm worried that my barra will harass and possibly eat the jardini as he will be probably close to 30cm by that time. I'm thinking I will have to grow the jardini out a little before introducing him as ive watched my previous barra eat fish nearly half their size. It will be an interesting combo my but really cool if it works.

Barraboy21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2017
Here are some pics of the tank for some reason it wont allow me to upload a video.Lurch tank front.png Lurch tank side.png

Barraboy21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2017
That’s an Angel tank if I ever saw one. Odd dimension
Yeah I really like it for its depth. Barra should get a good year or two out of it before its time to upgrade. He will be going into a big indoor pond most likely. I reckon it would make a good tank for a group of archers!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store