Saw this just now on craigslist...

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Some jerk has a TON of poor fish crammed into this tiny 10 gallon tank up in San Marcos.
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/for/5944368893.html
sad.png
I'm debating on grabbing this tank so those poor fish don't suffer... problem is I live like 45 mins away almost, I'm down in Clairemont.

Thoughts? I don't have a quarantine set up right now but my 10 can easily be set up in 15 minutes with media from my 20. I have enough extra equipment laying about to be able to set up an emergency 20-40 gallon home depot tub thing too. I'm fully stocked on meds and I can keep the cory cat and cichlid, the goldfishes and pleco and whatever loach looking thing that is will be rehomed tho.

Got a full tank of gas.....
SHOULD I??????

jhook

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
Bama
I personally wouldn't unless you need another 10 gallon tank. You could always buy the tank and try to give the fish to a LFS, or just get another bigger tank if you were just that inclined to rescue these fish.
Then again, this is the reason that I don't frequent Craigslist all that often.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I personally wouldn't unless you need another 10 gallon tank. You could always buy the tank and try to give the fish to a LFS, or just get another bigger tank if you were just that inclined to rescue these fish.
Then again, this is the reason that I don't frequent Craigslist all that often.
I could use the tank as a second quarantine and the fiance wants to do a smaller planted betta tank for the bedroom or his work. I will email the guy and see. Luckily aquatic warehouse has traded with me before, when in doubt I can take them there if they are healthy enough.

I'm just buttmad at this ad, I feel like I should at least try haha.

jhook

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
Bama
There you go. You have a valid and solid reason to go get this tank! I think it's a good deal for a fully set up 10g.

I hear ya on the buttmad at the ad, lol. I get that way as well when I see stuff like that.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if he has something rare....
Doubt it but you never know.I say if traffic is not an issue go on drive down there and get the stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store