Sea monkeys

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
Hi,ie recieved them from someone a few weeks ago. they came from an "Istant Life" pack, which they are sold as dry eggs that hatch when you pt in water.
They are also known as Brine shrimp or artmia.
I want to find a good soltion for them and im trying to find out if i can relese them somewhere without causing any harm to the enviorment.
If not then anone here knows how to prevent them from breeding?
Aain im trying to find a good solution for them, Suggestions as throwing them away or to feedthem to fish wont help
Thank you

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Please DO NOT entertain notions of finding somewhere to release these crustaceans. The odds of finding somewhere they could survive are remote...they require very high-salinity water...but this is still not a responsible method of dealing with them. Feeling that they deserve the chance at health, happiness and prosperity is harmless...but when it extends to releasing animals in unfamiliar environments it is completely unacceptable. There are probably billions of these hatched each year for the express purpose of feeding aquarium fish, so I'm not sure what other answer you hope to find on this forum.

Just google "Artemia" (with an "e") and you will find all the info you could possibly need to come to an informed and responsible decision.

And if this is a troll post...congrats, you gulled me completely; I even put considerable effort into not being as "overly direct" as I have been accused of being in the past.

Savethemall

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2017
no troll at all.. completley serious.. There are alot of living beings including humans experience bad things any sec. so? does that mwans that rescuing them isnt good? does it change the well being of the individual that is being rescue?
I of course dont want to cause any harm to the enviroment or other animals around.. just want to find a solution good for them..

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
no troll at all.. completley serious.. There are alot of living beings including humans experience bad things any sec. so? does that mwans that rescuing them isnt good? does it change the well being of the individual that is being rescue?
I of course dont want to cause any harm to the enviroment or other animals around.. just want to find a solution good for them..
I have the up most respect for your rescue of the Brine Shrimp but honestly the only solution I can think of is that you care for them.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Go buy a Betta and watch nature takes its course.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Is there any information out there about the life span of these if taken care of?

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Looks like it will be a short time he will be caring for them.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Never for ANY reason release animals from captivity. Best to look after them, feed them to fish or pass them on to someone who would like to keep them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store