Senegal Bichir and Ghost Knife

spidrman68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2018
:(Bad news, I moved my bgk to his new 55 gal tank and used sand and filter from his old tank. I found some rocks and boiled them and put them into the tank. I checked in on him the next morning and noticed he wasn’t swimming all that well. Apparently the bio load of anything dead in the rocks made some ammonia. I did a 50% water change and put an air stone in. It’s been two days and he’s not swimming that well and with his head up and tail down. He sometimes swims normal but gets pushed around by the current. His “breathing” seems labored. Is there any hope? Does anyone know from his symptoms what is being affected in him? What else can I do to help him recover? I’m devastated that he’s hurting and I stupidly overlooked the dead stuff on the rocks. Please please any help!!!!!:(

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Keep the water changes going. Dim lights. Reduce stress and hope it makes it overnight.

spidrman68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2018
It’s been two days he’s like this already. Ammonia has been at 0ppm I’ve had lights out since I first noticed him.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It’s been two days he’s like this already. Ammonia has been at 0ppm I’ve had lights out since I first noticed him.
If the lights are dimmable then slowly bring them up. Could be still recovering from the initial event. Keep the water pristine. Maybe adding some wood/cave to hide in. Cross ur fingers.

spidrman68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2018
He has a couple caves. I put some blood worms in but he hasn’t even tried to go eat them, no interest at all so I removed them. I guess I’m doing everything I can. I hope he pulls through...:( thanks

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry for the loss!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store