Senegal bichir feeding

probassfisher010

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2011
California
I feed mine a mix of raw organic chicken, beef, and hikari sinking carnivore pellets.
Not a good diet, it will eat this and grow fast and large and fat, but with consequences such as fat clogging the fishes liver. You are giving your poly the American diet, and are most likely shortening its life. How often do polys in the wild come across chicken and cow? Switch to a high quality pellet

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

GOSKN5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Danville, VA
I would be willing to bet they will take pellets... Especially a carnivore type...

Mine are young and eat anything... I feed them hikari carnivore, NLS, omega shrimp pellets and live ghost shrimps occasionally

rvadog

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2012
NYC
Not a good diet, it will eat this and grow fast and large and fat, but with consequences such as fat clogging the fishes liver. You are giving your poly the American diet, and are most likely shortening its life. How often do polys in the wild come across chicken and cow? Switch to a high quality pellet
Bull****.I bet they don't see pellets much in the wild either. There is no way you are doing anything but guessing. Protein is protein. Feeding fresh, lean, organic chicken is less healthy than freeze dried, chemically preserved fish meal?

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Actually I disagree with both of you. IMO feeding mammal meat is the worst you can do! Pellets are nutritionally a lot better but pellets don't occur in nature either. I feed my polys what they find in nature - crustaceans and the occasional fish, but pellets are very good, too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store