Separating A Mated Pair of Idiots

Should I rehome Igor

• Total voters

Sarahrah89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2016
I've had a blood parrot cichlid named Sissypants for 8 years. About 5 years I got another BP named Igor. They are now a mated pair (although not fertile). However Igor is a dick. He grew huge and ugly and is a complete bully in my tank. He bullies the other BP and my giant Polyepterus, Jormangunder. I've considered rehoming him but I'm unsure how that would affect his mate, Pants. Thoughts?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've had a blood parrot cichlid named Sissypants for 8 years. About 5 years I got another BP named Igor. They are now a mated pair (although not fertile). However Igor is a dick. He grew huge and ugly and is a complete bully in my tank. He bullies the other BP and my giant Polyepterus, Jormangunder. I've considered rehoming him but I'm unsure how that would affect his mate, Pants. Thoughts?
This thread is a gem from top to bottom...love the way it is worded.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Give him a time out in a separate aquarium and reintroduce him in a few days and see if that helps. Also move things around in the aquarium before reintroduction.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Sarahrah89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2016
Give him a time out in a separate aquarium and reintroduce him in a few days and see if that helps. Also move things around in the aquarium before reintroduction.
I'm doing that now. He's imprisoned in my planted sump currently laying waste to my guppy grass in a dramatic display of discontent. The resident cory cat seems disturbed by it's new volatile roommate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store