Sex of Jack Dempsey

Samantha Ashley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2015
New Jersey
Can someone please help me to figure out the sex of my Jack Dempsey. The first picture is from when he or she was smaller, and 2nd picture is from a couple days ago. Colors aren't as bright anymore. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Female

Samantha Ashley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2015
New Jersey
Monsterfishkeepers Awards and Nominations isn't the proper section for a cichlid thread. So I'm moving this to the CA/SA Cichlid section of our forum.
I was wondering if you could please help me to learn how to make a post/thread in the proper sections. I am new at this so I keep doing it the wrong way and under wrong sections. If you could help me, it would be much appreciated.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NY
There's nothing wrong with how you post your threads that I could see. Except this one having the missing pics but even veteran members accidentally do that at times as well. When you have such an issue and can't edit it yourself, you can feel free to PM me or another Mod to assist you or if no Mod are currently active Report your own thread stating the issue you wish us to help or fix for you. We'll see the report and do what we can to assist.

As for posting in the right section first you have to know what kind of fish you have so you can determine where it fits into our forum sections. Our sections include Arowana, Gar, Knives, Lungfish, CA/SA Cichlids, Catfish, etc and the list goes on. For example Jack Dempseys, Oscars, Green Terrors and Red Devils are some often kept fish that fit into the CA/SA cichlid section. Silver Dollars are Characins, Pleco's are well Pleco's not just Catfish so on so forth.

If you don't know what kind of fish you have you can post in the General Aquaria Section. Mods and members are more active there then we are in say Awards and Nominations and therefore more likely to be able to help you or relocate your thread to a section where others can help you get your questions answered.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store