Sex of my Jack Dempsey

Samantha Ashley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2015
New Jersey
Hoping someone could help me identify if my Jack Dempsey is a Male or a Female. The picture I am posting with his or her colors being bright is from 5 months ago when I first brought him/her home. The second picture is from 3 days ago. Colors are not as bright anymore but still has a little showing. Thanks for any help!!FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender (3).jpg

dovii_6

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2014
Asheville NC
If memory serves me right I think big spots of fave spread out is make lots of tiny ones packed close is female I could totally be wrong on that tho

Samantha Ashley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2015
New Jersey
If memory serves me right I think big spots of fave spread out is make lots of tiny ones packed close is female I could totally be wrong on that tho
Another person as well told me that it was a Female. I tried to figure it out myself but I was getting no where fast. Thanks for your help!! :)

Bpera002

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
Females have what they call the blue beard. Males don't. Makes also have more spots.

Samantha Ashley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2015
New Jersey
I would say female. Males don't have all the blue round the mouth.
Ok. yes I see what you are talking about. She seemed to have lost all colors after I bought her, but I got a bigger tank about a month ago and just transferred all of my fish into it last night and I see what you mean. She has all color around her jaw line.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store