sexing juvenile dovii

VRWC

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2009
The 9ᵗʰ Colony
www.youtube.com
looking at your post where you tried to show the pic, when you posted your pic, you did everything right except there was an extra http:// in it so it loaded wrong.

you can also click on the manage attachments button down below the post in "advanced mode"...its about 6 inches under the smileys on the bottom. Then you can just upload the pictures from your computer and dont have to have them stored online anywhere.

Hope that helps...and the dovii is too small to sex 100% correctly.

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Wait until it reaches 5"-6". Male will have spots scattered all over, tend to be a bit darker than female and female don't have any spots and a more yellow to it.

BigUmbeeFan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2009
nj
This dovii has small black spots on its back. I have the vibe of male whan I bought it. Here are a couple more photos. Thanks for the advance photo post advise.

000001.JPG

000003.JPG

BigUmbeeFan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2009
nj
What size does a male dovii begin to show its spots. When they do begin to show their spots , what part of their body do the spots 1st begin to appear.

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
My male gold is showin his spots at 3" and 100% sure mine is male. yours i cant really be sure but i would guess female. give it a lil more time to tell. some take longer than others. there are some males that wont show till 4-5" mark and others that will show at 2.5" but its alot harder sexing females till 4-5" mark sometimes being confused with a slow showing male. looks good thou keep us updated:)

ryeguy28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
rocky mount,NC
im 50% sure its a male

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store