Shadow bass

Cichlid of the americas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
I can get you one, but it won't be until later this Summer...maybe even June. What size are you looking for?
Thank you that'd be perfect, any size really but preferably a adult that way I don't have to grow it out, what are you looking for in the way of price?

4wheelvfr

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Southern Illinois
Thank you that'd be perfect, any size really but preferably a adult that way I don't have to grow it out, what are you looking for in the way of price?
That's perfect. An adult "should" be easy to find. The river I find them in has experienced some pretty impressive flooding lately, so I'll have to see how that changes things. Price is cost of shipping or a trade.

Cichlid of the americas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
That's perfect. An adult "should" be easy to find. The river I find them in has experienced some pretty impressive flooding lately, so I'll have to see how that changes things. Price is cost of shipping or a trade.
Thank you, just let me know when you can. I don't have much to trade as of right now unless you're interested in a common pleco lol. And if you don't mind me asking where are you located because if you are getting them locally then you are probably pretty close to where I am. I am assuming you are getting them from the coosa but i could be completely wrong

4wheelvfr

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Southern Illinois
I live in So. ILL and will travel a little bit to get to where I can collect these. There is a local stream that has Shadows or Rock bass here as well. Range maps would indicate rock bass, but then this stream also has smallmouth bass, northern hogsuckers and some others you typically don't see here, so who knows.

Cichlid of the americas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
I live in So. ILL and will travel a little bit to get to where I can collect these. There is a local stream that has Shadows or Rock bass here as well. Range maps would indicate rock bass, but then this stream also has smallmouth bass, northern hogsuckers and some others you typically don't see here, so who knows.
Well shadow bass and rock bass are two different species, are you catching rock bass or true shadow bass?

4wheelvfr

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Southern Illinois
For you, shadow bass. I find them at a place I go to occasionally during the summer in the Ozarks. According to Pflieger Rock Bass have not been collected in the River I'll be getting them from.
The ambloplites right down the road from me are, I'm pretty certain, rock bass. I'll look at them more closely next time I go fishing though. This particular stream has some other species that you typicallly only find in the Ozarks, so who knows.

Cichlid of the americas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
For you, shadow bass. I find them at a place I go to occasionally during the summer in the Ozarks. According to Pflieger Rock Bass have not been collected in the River I'll be getting them from.
The ambloplites right down the road from me are, I'm pretty certain, rock bass. I'll look at them more closely next time I go fishing though. This particular stream has some other species that you typicallly only find in the Ozarks, so who knows.
That's actually really interesting and I'll still buy if you can get them but It sounds like they aren't true shadow bass but i dont know without a picture, but nonetheless it sounds like a good addition to my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store