Shark and ray pond build

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
A Aquadog

Tagged A Aquadog he will know but haven't seen him on the forum lately. Also suggest start your own thread under shark and Ray forum you will get faster responses.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
tlindsey tlindsey Would any of our vendors be suitable for the task of bringing in rays and/or sharks for this fellow you think?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
tlindsey tlindsey Would any of our vendors be suitable for the task of bringing i n rays and/or sharks for this fellow you think?

Yes but wanted the opinion of A Aquadog for the most reputable vendor.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Unfortunately I do not know of a reputable vendor on this site. The only place that I know that is of high quality that also sells marine sharks is live aquaria but I have never ordered a shark from them so I can not speak on that topic. It's a shame Zoodiver Zoodiver doesn't come around anymore. He would be of help here.

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
Tagged A Aquadog he will know but haven't seen him on the forum lately. Also suggest start your own thread under shark and Ray forum you will get faster responses.
Shark and ray forum as in sharkandraycentral? Or a different site?

Aquadog

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2009
CA
Any tips for good and trustworthy online sites to buy sharks or rays?

Most fish and sharks I pick up in person here in CA. Not a big fan of online ordering. But if it's your only option, I would find a vendor who sources from ORA Farms in FL. I have also ordered from "Aqua locker", formally called "Fishy Business Aquatics". Been satisfied with their fish and service and they have a select few of sharks to choose from. For your size tank (300g) your selections are limited to maybe 2 or 3 species. The best being the marble/coral catsharks. The ones with the best personality I think are Bamboos, but it might outgrow that tank when it's two years old. Another option would be a horn shark, but it too will get pretty large. I stay away from smoothounds because they are pricey, and injury themselves a lot in the tank. Having a round tub will help, but they only live around 7+ years.

Check out Aqualocker.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store