Shark and ray pond build

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Wow thats awesome, you got so far!
I am subed but not getting notifications. Sorry lost track. Totally brings back memories! Watch that lion. I had two cortez rays in mine. The rays were active but the sharks were lumps.

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
Wow thats awesome, you got so far!
I am subed but not getting notifications. Sorry lost track. Totally brings back memories! Watch that lion. I had two cortez rays in mine. The rays were active but the sharks were lumps.
Yeah the rays are always more active in my experience. The bamboo is pretty outgoing especially around feeding time haha but the marbled is taking his time to warm up, hopefully he'll be more active soon. The lionfish is doing good with everyone so far, just making sure he stays fed well so he doesnt start stressing the rays or sharks.
Thanks!

Reactions: twentyleagues

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
So kind of funny during feeding tonight the marbled actually came out of his cave and was pretty active for food, hes usually just been staying in his cave and I would put food in front of it for him to poke out and grab. Both the rays ate for me which is great as well!

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
Been awhile since I updated this thread. Some new additions and some unfortunate losses.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
It appears as though you got a batfish, impressive. From what I’ve read it would seem as though they’re not easy to keep, can you comment on this?
What is the fish laying on the bottom between the piles of rocks?

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
So current inhabitants are 1 california stingray, 1 bamboo shark, 1 zebra moray, 1 bat fish, 1 lionfishsh, and 1 crocodile fish.
The crocodile fish is the one in between those rocks.
The bat fish is fairly easy so far, came already eating frozen foods and started eating well day one but I've only had him less than a week. Also this is my first bat fish so I dont think I could comment on how hardy or difficult they are to keep
Unfortunately I have lost 1 California stingray and my marbled catshark

Reactions: fishhead0103666
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store