Shark like fish for 120 gallon freshwater tank?

carlj007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2011
st.albans
A good few years ago i had a big black `shark` not sure what its real name was but it was mean as hell, killed 2 laege jack dempseys before i traded it in.... It was very shark like but black..... It was about 9 inches when i traded it and was about 9 inches ling and stocky after growing it from about 3 inches in a year... Very cool fish but mean!

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
The are kind of hard to fine but I love Asian upside down catfish. They are a black fish and they have white salt like spots on them. they are very aggressive. You should only keep it with fish that ar at least 10 inches long. You could get a large cichlid such as an Oscar or a GT, JDs or anything else around that size range. I keep mine in a 65 gallon aquarium alone. Mine did stress my 6 inch pearsi cichlid to death a few months ago.

tomahawk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Connecticut
Whatever you do, if you opt for rainbow or red-tail sharks, only buy one because that all you'll end up with. They are very territory and will attack anything that is the same shape and color.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oscarkid99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2012
new york city
ID sharks grow to their environment. iv ha 2 8 inc ID sharks in a tank as small as a 55 gallon. But it shortens their life span so it may not be worth it depending on the price.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
As many people have said you can't lose with roseline or Apollo sharks. Roselines are beautiful fish and the way they swim will remind you tons of a shark. My opinion is if you just are looking for the shape of a fish and the swimming style maybe you should check out the annostomus species, theyre vegetarian for the most part but swim in a similar manner and have similar fin structure to a shark

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Mountain Valley, Near Flats
ID sharks grow to their environment. iv ha 2 8 inc ID sharks in a tank as small as a 55 gallon. But it shortens their life span so it may not be worth it depending on the price.
Troll Troll is obvious...

I Echo the Rosaline Barbs(Sharks) that would be an awesome school to have and if you jump on it Petsmart has them on sale too

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I said iridescent sharks for only until they get big so read before you assume
You scold other people and emphasize reading, yet you don't seem to read so well yourself :screwy:

Hello I would like to create a "shark tank". I would like to hear the options I have for fish to put in the tank. They must be able to live in the tank for life. All suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks.

eklikewhoa

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2012
Nha Trang, Vietnam
are there any true aggressive fish that is similar to that of a sw shark?

All I have seen listed here are more of catfish and loaches.... far from a shark IMO

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store