Shipping Live Fish

Behemoth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
Arkansas
Jeff Rapps advised against me setting up a drip for my last shipment. He stated that often times the drip is to slow and the water is depleted of oxygen. So the fish actually die waiting to get them into the tank.

He advised if the temperature between the bag and the aquarium is similar-simply get the fish in the water as soon as possible.

I floated my bags for 30 minutes to ensure the temperature was comparable. Made sure the room lights were dim and the aquarium lights were out. When the fish were released they settled in and have been fine.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Aqua Sanctuary;1484207; said:
I am not afraid to ship on my own now.. but I am wondering where to get heat packs..
I got my heatpacks from sellers on aquabid and ebay. I found heatpacks in the sports department at Wal-Mart for better prices than I've found on internet sales (once shipping is factored in).

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
what are good companies for shipping?

israelm

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2007
Miami, Florida
where can i buy all the equipment i am going to need

bags
oxygen cylinder and regulator
etc.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Bags and Bag-Buddies can be purchased online. Check out Aquabid and Ebay. O2 cylinders and regulators can be rented from a local welding shop. Don't bother buying your own cylinder since most sources of non-medical O2 have trade-in policies on tanks. Your own regulator, from a trusted source, would be a good thing to have.

BTW, non-medical O2 is all you can get since medical-grade O2 requires a Dr.'s prescription.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store