i like how oddballer used metal ties

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
here is a pic of it in ACTION :D

i think its a great idea..
i would buy it if i seen it in a LFS....

FBT_Act_rgb.jpg

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
Another problem we experience with our Monster fish is that sometimes they just grow too big for the average fish bag.

I don't encourage shipping big fish unless you feel really confident of your shipping skills but even then, the pros have had their bad days losing big fish in shipments too.

I am posting this just more for another way to bag and transport Monster size fish.

I use Husky Contractor Bags (3Mil thick). They are very large bags and very thick as well. Downside to them however is they can get expensive. I pay about $17 for a box of 32 bags. But they get their job done.

You can find them at your local Home Depot usually in the same section they sell trash cans and brooms.

07325713.jpg

Ogel

Feeder Fish
Oct 25, 2006
Philippines
just want to add...

fish hibernation is currently being utilized and still being further developed here in the philippines to ship fishes overseas.

invented by Boni Comandante an agricultural engineer

what this process does is they let the fish live without water (sleeping fish on dry land). i think they achieve this by letting the fish inhale this stuff called a "buhi blend" (its fully organic and has been approved by our local fish bureau).

whats good about this is that you will be able to stack more fishes inside one container and the fish experiences less stress during shipment.

buying the patent for this technology costs at least $200,000.

not cheap, but you will probably earn your money back in no time.

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
Ogel;570635; said:
just want to add...

fish hibernation is currently being utilized and still being further developed here in the philippines to ship fishes overseas.

invented by Boni Comandante an agricultural engineer

what this process does is they let the fish live without water (sleeping fish on dry land). i think they achieve this by letting the fish inhale this stuff called a "buhi blend" (its fully organic and has been approved by our local fish bureau).

whats good about this is that you will be able to stack more fishes inside one container and the fish experiences less stress during shipment.

buying the patent for this technology costs at least $200,000.

not cheap, but you will probably earn your money back in no time.

Read about that too. But it's not really buying a patent. it's more like a franchise of the technology.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
I saw that .. it was really developed for the aquaculture (fish food ) industry. But i can imagine that we can use that technology to ornamental fish too. :headbang2

AncientArowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
New York
THANK YOU MILES!! i need to get rid of my lovely 8 inch arowana but i didnt really know how to ship him. finally (maybe lol) he will be out of my house leaving me with some money in my pocket too.

Weather Loch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2008
South Africa
Hi Miles
I joined the site a short while a go and i'm still struggeling to find my feet but getting there!
Form what I've been reading about you "being in to fish keeping for 45 years" i can see that you know what your talking about! I've got a question if you wouldn't mind?
I'm a nofice in the hobby and now I'm having a problem. I'm going on leave in about a months time and is worried about my fish! i do have a feeder and it works very well but recently bought a elephant nose fish (Noddy) and want to know what to do with the feeding because it only eat bloodworms. please HELP!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store