Short advice & what can i keep my snakehead with ??

rico-holick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2008
indonesia
awesome advices there..:headbang2
i'm new on channa,and i've just bought 1 8" channa aurantimaculata and i just wondering how to set him comfortable on his new tank,
i only put some driftwood on it for now,and he's alone,
but its already 2 days and he's wasn't eat at all,
hope for any quick and effective advice from here...:(

Niko Snakehead

Feeder Fish
May 3, 2010
London, UK
Hi guys, thanks for all the advice you've posted it's going to make life a lot easier for me!

I've been looking to get snakeheads for a while and have just acquired a second tank big enough to house a couple for a couple of years, hopefully my local shop is going to get hold of a couple of either spotted or red snakeheads for me in the next few weeks so will hopefully have some nice pictures in the coming months!

One thing, I currently have a six inch sailfin pleco in what will be my snakehead tank, is this big enough or will i need bigger? Bigger shouldn't be a problem as a shop near me has two foot-long ones going for £15 each so got that covered if need be!

I'm hoping to get baby snakeheads which will give the plec time to grow to a size where he will be able to handle himself!

As i said thanks again for all the advice, hopefully pics will be put up soon!

Niko

kuait

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
SA
first of all thats outstanding advice, and its been posted 2008 and just read it
but I need advice and ugent one, I have Redline Snakehead about 30cm and i juat bought two Micro around 16cm
my QUESTION: is there a way for the large snakehead to attack the micro

for the time been the micro in separate small temporary tank until I'm sure that larger one will not attack the micro

I will be please to have in advice
thnaks in advance.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
kuait;4557851; said:
first of all thats outstanding advice, and its been posted 2008 and just read it
but I need advice and ugent one, I have Redline Snakehead about 30cm and i juat bought two Micro around 16cm
my QUESTION: is there a way for the large snakehead to attack the micro

for the time been the micro in separate small temporary tank until I'm sure that larger one will not attack the micro

I will be please to have in advice
thnaks in advance.
Micropeltes?
Micros and redlines are the same fish, I'm pretty sure.
Do you have pics?
Yes, the large one will try to eat the smaller ones.

!!Channa Gachua!!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2010
Andover
at my college i keep my snakeheads with birchir, fire eel, freshwater stingray and uaru they seem fine together no problems? it is a rather lage tank though

!!Channa Gachua!!

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2010
Andover
what is the best number of ch. gachua to keep, i need to do a project on a breeding program and i love snakeheads do its an excuse to get some :) would just like a little support after all im doing one of the hardest diploma's i dont want to ruin my chances, and more to the point my snakeheads welfare!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store