Should/cCould I get an aro ? crash course

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
Not really excessive if i dont nitrates will easily hit 80ppm or whatever the red area and i dont feed everyday lol

Yes if i miss a wc i get real jittery and start scrarching all over lmao
lol hahaha xD

are you going to setup a automatic wc system or 24/7 drip for the new
300g your setting up? you can still do small wc with drip systems and it
would save you a lot of time considering maintenance wise on top the
benefits for your live stock.

Reactions: JK47

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Down the road yes. Wc's really arent that bad. I use a spare dct12000 drains all the tanks in under 15 min. Its refilling that sucks

lol hahaha xD

are you going to setup a automatic wc system or 24/7 drip for the new
300g your setting up? you can still do small wc with drip systems and it
would save you a lot of time considering maintenance wise on top the
benefits for your live stock.

Reactions: moe214

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
Down the road yes. Wc's really arent that bad. I use a spare dct12000 drains all the tanks in under 15 min. Its refilling that sucks
nice

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Any tips on getting it off live ? Im assuming thats what they are feeding it. What do you guys feed your aro's ?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Dark picture, but looks like a black yes. As far as feedingas far as feeding I started with crickets when I had one just to make sure he was settled and eating, I had other fish that ate floating pellets though so he could've followed them in the act or he was just greedy. But once you know he's eating start throwing floating pellets in and starving him, shouldn't be to difficult.

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
Hard to tell, I would certainly say don't get a Silver for sure because they get 40¨ and even 50¨, no joke.

Blacks too. Not as big, but still easily 28-30¨.

I would go for a Jardini or Asian (if its even allowed where you live) - but Jardinis can get very aggressive. Not every Jardini is, especially when you get him very small and grow him out with his tank mates, but a lot of them kill most fish in their tank, if not all. And overall they're not that beautiful (in my personal opinion - I have owned a Jar and Asian so far).

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Take on trump and become a separate country in your own property, kinda like Vatican city, then get an asian!-)

In all seriousness tho I think blacks and silver are the prettiest, shame every single silver that's not in a pond gets de...

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
Just to confirm this is a black aro right ?

View attachment 1232701
yup thats a black 100%

Any tips on getting it off live ? Im assuming thats what they are feeding it. What do you guys feed your aro's ?
starve it for 2-3 days and try shrimp and after it puts on some size you can starve it
for a longer duration and try pellets. but getting it to eat would be priority since it's still
small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store