Should i add another aquaclear 110 on my 75 gallon?

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
Doing 50% WC twice a week is over killing. You are stripping away nitrate your plants need. Do you consider dosing nitrate after WC. I do even though my stocking is much higher than yours.

Having two AC500 in a 75 is over killing. You have enough filtration with one canister and a HOB, just direct the flow to get good distribution.

You can vacuum debris during WC. One trick to vacuum over carpet plants is to tie a turkey baster onto your siphon hose so you can squeeze the baster to blow up debris during vacuuming.

Reactions: SandNukka15

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Doing 50% WC twice a week is over killing. You are stripping away nitrate your plants need. Do you consider dosing nitrate after WC. I do even though my stocking is much higher than yours.

Having two AC500 in a 75 is over killing. You have enough filtration with one canister and a HOB, just direct the flow to get good distribution.

You can vacuum debris during WC. One trick to vacuum over carpet plants is to tie a turkey baster onto your siphon hose so you can squeeze the baster to blow up debris during vacuuming.
Thanks I'll try lowering it to 50% once a week and test nitrates just to see how much of a difference there is. Easier than dosing nitrates ...something i wouldnt want to do. If they are still really low I can adjust wc a little more and then take out some of my pothos and go from there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store