Should i be worried?

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
There’s two membrane openings on top of their heads called Spiracles. They inhale and expel air. Is this what you are referring to “flaps”?
Exactly! Now If you look closely those pics i sent, you'll see small rock under the spiracle. Just wanted to have a discussion about the subjeckt but don't relly feel like it anymore?. Just tell me If you know that it's something to worry or not..

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Exactly! Now If you look closely those pics i sent, you'll see small rock under the spiracle. Just wanted to have a discussion about the subjeckt but don't relly feel like it anymore?. Just tell me If you know that it's something to worry or not..
im sorry if I upset you buddy I was a little bit less than sober (probably shouldn’t have access to the forums whilst drinking) but I digress there’s no problem with the spiracles, thats a beautiful endli btw

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
nothing to worry about.
i desided to read a little more about this subject and it would seem that getting small rocks on to spiracle could be harmufull.

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
i desided to read a little more about this subject and it would seem that getting small rocks on to spiracle could be harmufull.
Okey today poly started to seem very heavy and it was though fot it to get air and always it would get air i heard a weard sound (sounded like a stuffy nose). This has bee going on for maybe 20hours so it is not drowning but the heavynes is what makes me worry.

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
Ok i think this is the point where i really should Be worried... Seems like he has issues taking air and always he would do it he lets this weard gasping sound. It really sound's like a stuffy nose. I really don't want to think he has swimbladder issues but he is sinking very rapidly and seems heavy? It stoped eating couple days ago (does that but rarely) and i didn't think too much of it. I really need some help here?...

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
do you have a hospital tank? lower the water level to where his head is just below the surface so he can breathe easier and not drown.
what are your water parameters?

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 30-40 and no i dont have a hospital tank. I drained 1/3 of The water in his tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store