Should i be worried?

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
If u suspect a small rock is stuck inside the spiracle. I would wrap the bichir with a wet cloth. Inspect the area and get a tweezer. If no gravel present. It may be some sort of infection if the membrane area on the spiracle is swollen.
A stuck rock would not explain the heavynes ?

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
hopefully he hasn't swallowed any of those rocks and is suffering from a blockage. maybe add some salt help him poo???

Endlicherilover

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
hopefully he hasn't swallowed any of those rocks and is suffering from a blockage. maybe add some salt help him poo???
He doesn't look like swallen and i have Black ghost knive in the same tank so salt could harm it?. Maybe a little epsomsalt and just trying to get it to eat? that might be tricky though.

Reactions: BichirKing

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
I wouldn't feed him just incase its a blockage. not sure if salt would hurt your knife. I have a clown knife and I use salt with no issues.

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
1 tbsp per 5g for a week then do a big water change to dilute it. you can also soak pellets in the Epsom salt and try target feeding him the treated food. you might want to ask this in the disease section.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store