Should I just walk away?

jwitty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
Don’t know how many of you have had to deal with this...been talking to a breeder for almost a week now to purchase a fish. He’s just under an hour away from me so nothing bad at all it’s not like I’m out of state. Anyway he is incredibly bad at responding, if he responds at all. He’s sent pictures and answered almost all my questions. But when I ask him if I can come on the weekend he says yes, but won’t give me details on address or a place to meet. This is the second weekend in a row he’s doing this (tried to go this past weekend but wouldn’t respond in time) and this conversation about meeting next weekend happened yesterday. Haven’t heard anything from him. Makes me wonder if he’s a fake or what. You’d think if you have something for sale and a buyer, which hasn’t ever questioned your price might I add, would be more inclined to respond. So should I just give up on this one and move on? Anyone been in this situation and if so what did you do?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Seems odd. Strange to go all through the trouble and not finalize on selling the fish. Would wait for a reply and if still evading then I’d give up on it.

jwitty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
Seems odd. Strange to go all through the trouble and not finalize on selling the fish. Would wait for a reply and if still evading then I’d give up on it.
I think this is the first time I’ve had this happen. It’s extremely peculiar that I haven’t even asked if he’d do less on the fish or anything and he’s still avoiding the sale. I even asked how many he had and if he sold any, which he said he has 15 and sold a few, and I’ve seen pics of his tank with several fry in it all of which appear to be the same type of fish. It supposed to be a red dragon Flowerhorn but what is weird is his title says super red, and description says just red dragon. Btw I’d like to add if anyone knows where to get a nice Flowerhorn in Iowa let me know I’m trying to find one.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
X2
Especially for a fish know to have health issues like a flower horn. Sketchy and healthy fish dont usually go hand in hand

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
I had a similar experience with an over seas seller. when finally pushed him enough he doubled the price and refused to help arrange the shipping. needless to say I passed and I would suggest you do the same.

Reactions: jwitty

jwitty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
I had a similar experience with an over seas seller. when finally pushed him enough he doubled the price and refused to help arrange the shipping. needless to say I passed and I would suggest you do the same.
Sounds like he was a motivated seller lol

Reactions: BichirKing

Evofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
SC
I would pass on it if he's not making any efforts to sell. Let him know to contact you when he's ready to stop playing games.

Reactions: FESHMAN

jwitty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
I would pass on it if he's not making any efforts to sell. Let him know to contact you when he's ready to stop playing games.
I think I’ll just text him and say I’ll pass

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
One of the vendors i get fish from is not the best at communicating but his fish are top notch. He runs a real busy business so i can understand why.

This guy seems to not have an established reputation. Id most definitely pass

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I remember having to text very similar words to a member here after going back and forth with him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store