Show off your African Riverine and Madagascar pics

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Remarkable, 5 spots are climbing my list of future fish to keep. You don't need a huge tank for them either right? They're probably better off kept in a species tank due to their aggression?

Reactions: 5 Spot Junkie

Trimapit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 12, 2017
Texas
Absolutely remarkable!!! 5 Star Generals are so freakin cool! But am I the only one that finds odd not a single Tilapia Buttrikofferi yet?

Reactions: 5 Spot Junkie

5 Spot Junkie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2016
Federal Way, WA
m.facebook.com
Remarkable, 5 spots are climbing my list of future fish to keep. You don't need a huge tank for them either right? They're probably better off kept in a species tank due to their aggression?
Depends on which species of 5 Spots

Hemichromis Elongatus max size: 6"
Hemichromis Frempongi max size: 9"
Hemichromis Fasciatus max size: 12"

75g can Home an Hemichromis Elongatus pair and Hemichromis Frempongi pair for a bit. 75g will last a year for a pair of Hemichromis Fasciatus as well. Hemichromis Fasciatus will get yo around 8" within first year providing good water quality.
Hemichromis Fasciatus most aggressive and I'd recommend to an "intermediate" to "advanced" aquarists.
Hemichromis Elongatus and Hemichromis Frempongi around to bad. They can't hang with any big dogs of that helps.
The 5 Spot crowd is growing slowly but surely. Probably shipped out around 700 fry with the last 8 months. That may not seem like much but, the most I've done since 2011/2012.
I like them due to their rareness in the hobby and not requiring large tanks to keep.
People seem amazed when they visit me and see all 8 tanks filled with 5 spots

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store