Show off your fish tattoos.

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Yeah man.....Ink is expensive.

And I almost forgot.....To the first guy with the Koi.....You know they're supposed to be jumping up (and facing forward, but yours is facing forward, so this needs no mention), right? There's certain orientations on the body for all of the traditional japanese or chinese ledgends that are tattooed on the body.
A koi pointing up symbolizes having overcome the hardships of life, and a koi pointing down symbolizes being in the act of overcoming hardships. I am 30 years old and realize I still have hardships down the road to meet and defeat....so it seems much more fittingly to have the koi facing down.

From what you say it shows there are conflicting sources on this subject and what the different orientations mean, but I don't care how others interpret my tats; all that matters is what they mean to me.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
all i have is writing on my body haha but I am saving up for a dragon not one for koi tats on myself but I have seen some nice asian aro tats nice pics everyone.

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
A koi pointing up symbolizes having overcome the hardships of life, and a koi pointing down symbolizes being in the act of overcoming hardships. I am 30 years old and realize I still have hardships down the road to meet and defeat....so it seems much more fittingly to have the koi facing down.

From what you say it shows there are conflicting sources on this subject and what the different orientations mean, but I don't care how others interpret my tats; all that matters is what they mean to me.

x2

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA

Not sure I agree with that if you are going by the true tradition of the tattoo. But if that's how you want to interpret the ledgend, that's cool. To each their own. It mostly just irritates me when kids get them because they think they are "kewl" and have no idea what they mean.

Cellitti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2011
I'm Over Here Now
I have a ton of tats but not a single fish tat

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Minus2003

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
St. George, SC
My koi

Sent from my DROID3 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1328341932137.jpg

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
man i just got back from a tattoo shop too. Thinking i was going to get another one but not today. They had a drawing of a Red Oscar Cichlid which was my very first fish. Awsome tats tho

Crispy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Ontario Canada
here are my aro rib tats. my ying and my yang...lol

pics are a few years old and they are completely finished and have been touched up by now. the tat on the left was still fresh when this pic was taken.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store