Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

SILLIEST thing you have ever done as a beginner!

Discussion in 'Lessons Learned' started by MikebNJ, Oct 19, 2015.

1. THE X

THE X MFK Members

herishe
      May 6, 2017
      Not keeping a bare bottom tank
      had a baby silver aro in a 10 gallon tank with a pile of lava rock for my bichirs. one day i i see that hes gone and i check every where out side only to see dead stuck in the rocks :(

2. THE X

THE X MFK Members

herishe
      May 6, 2017
      Not keeping a bare bottom tank
      had a baby silver aro in a 10 gallon tank with a pile of lava rock for my bichirs. one day i i see that hes gone and i check every where out side only to see dead stuck in the rocks :(

3. J. H.

J. H. MFK Members

pyh
      Today at 5:31 PM
      That sucks. I had that happen twice, once a bala shark and once a clown loach. It was bad both times.

4. alecrromine

alecrromine MFK Members

Today at 12:12 PM
      3 bala sharks in a ten gallon. thankfully that was 20+ years ago and I've learned a little since then.

5. jag14

jag14 MFK Members

Stephenie
      Jun 29, 2017
      Trusting my husband to take care of my office betta while I was on vacation. The water was so cloudy when I returned that I couldn't see the betta. Turned out the betta wasn't there, he had died under my husband's care. Guess he thought I wouldn't notice...

6. Draconis Slade

Draconis Slade Registered Member

Draconis Slade
      May 14, 2017
      Well, my son put my pacu in his community tank, mind you he was 5 he asked if "pacfish" can come play with his fish. I gave him the go ahead ... While I was sleeping. The poor fish lasted only about an hour. the wife woke me up and told me what happened. I was baffled on how he put my 11 inch pacu in his 5g tank. He and i now laugh at the experience.

J. H. likes this.
    7. Meicalnissyen

Meicalnissyen Registered Member

mike
      Jun 30, 2017
      hahahahaha, I did that one as well !

"daddy, I want a fishy tank like you!"
      ok son,
      and I want this fishy, the one with the red belly..................

(I was a reefer at the time, knew dick about FW, sure the little tag said 22", but itll never live that long, right?)
      from the 10 to a 20, then into my old bow front plexi 50
      few years later we move out of state, oh boy
      tried the alkaseltzer trick, narc him up, had to lift vertically because of the top plate on the plexi, up and out, straight head first into a bucket, off to the pet store, thrashing about like crazy

where he became part of the storefront display tank

J. H. likes this.
    8. Rossy

Rossy MFK Members

Jul 14, 2017
      overfilling a fish tank with a crayfish that can easily jump out of a 10 gallon.

9. RajaVino

RajaVino MFK Members

Vinoth Raja
      Today at 3:11 AM
      While i was in school time, we have put heater which is not automatic in the rainy season at night. The next day morning water boils and lost all of my fish. Except only one white molly who was in the critical stage. But the shopkeeper said that the heater is automatic and it will maintain the temperature.

10. Aquatank

Aquatank MFK Members

Ryan Micheal
      Today at 5:51 AM
      Hey guys this is a silly mistake that me and my brother did
      Our dad is into fishtank a and the time when I was 7 and my brother was 5.
      At that time we had a 125 gal. tank with a pair of red devil's and they had spawned and the fry were very small, so we both decided that what if the baby fish needed some milk if their mom ran out of it so we poured milk in the aquarium thinking that the baby fish will grow quickly and will become strong.
      We both were so happy and felt pretty proud of what we did, Both Mom and Dad we at work when dad arrived at home we welcomed him home and told him that the fry will be very healthy and we had taken good care of them the whole day he was at work and then we told him that we feed them milk.
      The rest is history and we still remember that day and laughed that what had we done.

J. H. likes this.