SILLIEST thing you have ever done as a beginner!

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
ouch, I don't QT my fish but if they act strange in any was at the shop they aint coming home.

I was pretty silly now thinking my new little African butterfly fish couldn't eat the danios. thats 2 down (one was dead already atleast). now my little salvini took only 3 days to decide he is not fond of the danios at all. MID TYPING the little sob grabbed a danio and almost killed it. to the 5 gallon with you. The moments the lights go off the cichlid is onto them
I have a salvini too. He sure loves feeder guppies! IIRC they need small fish and more meaty stuff than veggies as part of their diet.

I think danios are easy to breed too, might want to get a tank just for them and see if they lay eggies.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have a salvini too. He sure loves feeder guppies! IIRC they need small fish and more meaty stuff than veggies as part of their diet.

I think danios are easy to breed too, might want to get a tank just for them and see if they lay eggies.
I moved him to the tank where i spawned my danios 2 days ago :eek:

If i can set up some sort of rack i may breed guppies, i would like to try that.
I moved the butterfly as well so he doesn't have to live in a net.

I would like to buy a compressed airpump and run a rack with some 10 gallon tanks on sponges and make a multiple tank fill/drain system for waterchanges

Reactions: GamerChick5567

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
When I first started I was so into it I set up the tank same day as I got the fish for it, luckily I did water changes almost everyday and none of the fish died... This was about 1.5 years ago

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
When I first started I was so into it I set up the tank same day as I got the fish for it, luckily I did water changes almost everyday and none of the fish died... This was about 1.5 years ago
And you already keep stingrays? Awesome :)

At least you did the WC on your tank, many don't :eek:

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
And you already keep stingrays? Awesome :)

At least you did the WC on your tank, many don't :eek:
Rays are one of my favourite fish, started off with the 75 and now am focusing on maybe a pair of hystrix stingrays. Gonna set up the tank right and I should be good to go

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I had two oscars and a pacu in a 55 gallon when I was like 8 years old.
Yikes. At least it was when you were 8

Rays are one of my favourite fish, started off with the 75 and now am focusing on maybe a pair of hystrix stingrays. Gonna set up the tank right and I should be good to go
Thats awesome :)
My biggest tank atm is a 70 gallon, i am looking to a 3ft tank right now for coldwater fish

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver

Thats awesome :)
My biggest tank atm is a 70 gallon, i am looking to a 3ft tank right now for coldwater fish
I'm looking to set up a biocube tank with guppies and Cory catfish also.. Those fish got me into the hobby

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'm looking to set up a biocube tank with guppies and Cory catfish also.. Those fish got me into the hobby
Thats cool, now that i moved my 2 new little monsters (danio killers) into the 70 gal i want to pick up some really cool purple danios, not dyed ones, from the LFS. Much bigger, healthier and prettier from the ones my brother had before he gave me the tank :)

for his first tank he did pretty well and i helped him avoid a lot of beginner issues :)

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Yeah, my dad got me into fishkeeping pretty much as soon as I was old enough to show any interest (around age 3-4), but he had a lot of oldschool misconceptions, like "fish grow based on the size of the aquarium." I never knew better until I started using the internet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store