silver Arowana 6" tail ripped HELP!!!!

shazam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2018
I have a silver aro in a tank with 2 baby pacu,long nose gar,2 iridescent sharks,2 baby oscars and a tsn.
today when I look into my tank I see his tail ripped.does anyone know which of these fish is most likely to have done this???

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
All of these fishes are suspect especially cause your keeping them in a 55g with plans to upgrade

Reactions: tlindsey

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
All of those fish are still likely suspects. Having more space helps but its still an enclosed space and these are still aggressive species. All you can do is maintain good water quality and observe right now.

Reactions: shazam

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Like everyone has said anything we respond with is just a guess but I would guess Pacu. They are nippy and fast as lighting especially when they are young.
Plus they don’t mind swimming in the upper section of the water column where you will usually find an arowana.
It could be the gar, that would be my second guess.
Especially if it’s just a one time occurrence. A gar will take a swipe at another fish that is in its face but usually want stay after it unless it’s prey size.

Reactions: shazam

shazam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2018
It’s the first time.fr the last month since I got it there has been no problems

shazam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2018
I separated him till it’s tail grows back which is hopefully soon

shazam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2018
Like everyone has said anything we respond with is just a guess but I would guess Pacu. They are nippy and fast as lighting especially when they are young.
Plus they don’t mind swimming in the upper section of the water column where you will usually find an arowana.
It could be the gar, that would be my second guess.
Especially if it’s just a one time occurrence. A gar will take a swipe at another fish that is in its face but usually want stay after it unless it’s prey size.
Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store