Silver Arowana Food

ChildhoodFishLover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2018
Currently I am feeding my about 8 inch silver arowana hikari food sticks. I was wondering if I could buy like 10 guppies from the pet store and then breed them and grow out more guppies and once he gets bigger and the guppies get bigger start feeding him more live prey. I know feeder fish have high amounts of fat which could cause drop eye, but do guppies have the same amount of fat or could they possibly have more? Is it a good idea to breed and raise guppies for food or should I stick to food sticks and buying live fish here n there as a treat. I also feed him MP at times and I've given him one cricket, but he shows no interest in meal worms.

Justin Martin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2018
Currently I am feeding my about 8 inch silver arowana hikari food sticks. I was wondering if I could buy like 10 guppies from the pet store and then breed them and grow out more guppies and once he gets bigger and the guppies get bigger start feeding him more live prey. I know feeder fish have high amounts of fat which could cause drop eye, but do guppies have the same amount of fat or could they possibly have more? Is it a good idea to breed and raise guppies for food or should I stick to food sticks and buying live fish here n there as a treat. I also feed him MP at times and I've given him one cricket, but he shows no interest in meal worms.
Put yer guppies in front of a powerhead for a few weeks, that should lean em out :D

Reactions: ChildhoodFishLover

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Just quarantine the breeder guppies prior to feeding. Btw that Aro will be 1ft in no time and the guppies won't be enough lol.

Reactions: ChildhoodFishLover

ChildhoodFishLover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2018
Just quarantine the breeder guppies prior to feeding. Btw that Aro will be 1ft in no time and the guppies won't be enough lol.
Im planning on chopped up tilapia shrimp n maybe scallops just diy fish food for the aro but the guppies thing was smt interesting i thought could help save some money on food

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Im planning on chopped up tilapia shrimp n maybe scallops just diy fish food for the aro but the guppies thing was smt interesting i thought could help save some money on food
Ok got it. That will buy you time to raise adult guppies when needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store