Silver Arowana - Tank Temperature Check

Neptune71

Feeder Fish
Nov 12, 2018
Hay everyone, I have a quick question on what you each keep your tank temperature at for your Silver Arowana.

When mine (I have one) was young (3 inches) I had the tank at around 83F (later I found out it should of been slightly lower) but now that he is at 13 inches, I have lowered the temp to 80F.

Hes doing great and eats like a champ and is growing like mad so I think I am close.

I know there is a safe range to keep them at (I think 75 to 82F) but I thought I would ask everyone here their thoughts since you "live it". I have looked at websites but again, I thought it would be better to hear it from people with a long experience record.

I am open to changing the temp around so I am looking for the best temp to aim for at all times.

Thanks!

Lsey81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2016
Pittsburgh-ish
85f seems to be the happy spot for my silver and Jardini....almost seems like warmer it is the happier they get....and they both eat like crazy! I let either tank dip below 83...they slow down it seems

Neptune71

Feeder Fish
Nov 12, 2018
Thanks!

I have been going back and forth on bringing up the temp again but was not sure since web sites say 83 is the high end.

Anyone else have suggestions?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thanks!

I have been going back and forth on bringing up the temp again but was not sure since web sites say 83 is the high end.

Anyone else have suggestions?

You will always get different opinion's. I kept my temp set at 80° when I had a Silver Arowana and it was healthy and always hungry. It's a personal preference imo.

bpseoe

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
dallas
I also keep mine south american tank at about 84/85. inhabitants include plecos, geophagus corydora and a silver aro. they all seem to like the warm water

Oscarrowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
I keep my tank around 83°, housing Oscars, and silver Aro. I agree with Lsey81, the warmer the temp the more active/happy they get!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store