Sing Arowanas - Premium Golden Head Crossback

Avisek Dasgupta

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2017
India
Guys,

This is my first post. Hope to get some feedback.

Got this little guy two months back from Sing Arowanas.

He is about 30cms.

Here are the details:

Type: Premium Golden Head Crossback

Farm: Sing Arowana

Size: 30 cms

Tank details:

Water volume at height 28cms is 50 gallons

Filtration: Eheim Pro 4+ 600 external canister with eheim pro media and Seachem Purigen.

Sunsun 13w UV internal filter

These is the light I use and it is turned on 24 hours.

1. Aquazonic T5 Super Sun 12000k 54W (two lights)

Pic2.jpgPic1.jpg

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Guys,

This is my first post. Hope to get some feedback.

Got this little guy two months back from Sing Arowanas.

He is about 30cms.

Here are the details:

Type: Premium Golden Head Crossback

Farm: Sing Arowana

Size: 30 cms

Tank details:

Water volume at height 28cms is 50 gallons

Filtration: Eheim Pro 4+ 600 external canister with eheim pro media and Seachem Purigen.

Sunsun 13w UV internal filter

These is the light I use and it is turned on 24 hours.

1. Aquazonic T5 Super Sun 12000k 54W (two lights)
That's a beauty Avisek! If the lights are on 24/7 I would cover part of the tank during 'sleep' hours, as non-stop lighting can be stressful for them (and Xbacks don't need to be 'tanned' like Reds). At what size do you plan to move it to a bigger tank?

Awesome acquisition, look fwd to seeing more pix as it grows, best of luck.

Avisek Dasgupta

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2017
India
That's a beauty Avisek! If the lights are on 24/7 I would cover part of the tank during 'sleep' hours, as non-stop lighting can be stressful for them (and Xbacks don't need to be 'tanned' like Reds). At what size do you plan to move it to a bigger tank?

Awesome acquisition, look fwd to seeing more pix as it grows, best of luck.
Thanks
islandguy11 islandguy11

The lights inside the tank are on 24/7.

I will surely post more pics soon.

In the meanwhile, here is a video.

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Thanks
islandguy11 islandguy11

The lights inside the tank are on 24/7.

I will surely post more pics soon.

In the meanwhile, here is a video.

Very nice. Keep the lights on some people don't understand how/why they are. They have never groomed a arowana. Surely thay quality was not cheap. I would be doing the same. Cheers.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Very nice. Keep the lights on some people don't understand how/why they are. They have never groomed a arowana. Surely thay quality was not cheap. I would be doing the same. Cheers.
Lol, maybe some people 'understand' why some people leave lights on 24/7 for some Aros (particularly while tanning reds, NOT gold xbacks), but simply don't agree with this procedure as it's an undeniable fact it stresses out fish (or any creature for that matter). I hope you won't be next recommending OP do full on tanning with a UVA/UVB light for his Xback (OP don't do it, you're goldenhead will get brown splotchy sunburn patches).

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
They tortured pows that way.
I feel sorry for some of the animals we keep. I really want an Asian but mine would probably look like crap because I'm not willing to put it through that type of torment to make it look "it's best".

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Lol, maybe some people 'understand' why some people leave lights on 24/7 for some Aros (particularly while tanning reds, NOT gold xbacks), but simply don't agree with this procedure as it's an undeniable fact it stresses out fish (or any creature for that matter). I hope you won't be next recommending OP do full on tanning with a UVA/UVB light for his Xback (OP don't do it, you're goldenhead will get brown splotchy sunburn patches).

Don't come at me with your sarcasm. People like you have turned away so many good people from this forum.

Did i say anything about how to do it. I said do what your doing im sure he purchased this fish knowing how to care for it . Now if we wanted to get into specifics amd techniques i would happily do that. Don't sit here and try to make me a fool with your sarcasm. I have kept many fish i just dont share on this forum because of clowns like you who think they know it all. Captain save a hoes. Now let the OP share his fish and dont try to go back and forth with me.

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
They tortured pows that way.
I feel sorry for some of the animals we keep. I really want an Asian but mine would probably look like crap because I'm not willing to put it through that type of torment to make it look "it's best".
You could get a green or rtg they won't require any grooming you could keep the fish in a tank unnatural environment prisoner of war style like all the fish we keep but feel good about not tanning it with lights. Lets not start this technically we have taken all this fish from their environments for our enjoyment. They are not free amd mever will enjoy the rivers streams or lakes again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store