Sing Arowanas - Premium Golden Head Crossback

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Don't come at me with your sarcasm. People like you have turned away so many good people from this forum.

Did i say anything about how to do it. I said do what your doing im sure he purchased this fish knowing how to care for it . Now if we wanted to get into specifics amd techniques i would happily do that. Don't sit here and try to make me a fool with your sarcasm. I have kept many fish i just dont share on this forum because of clowns like you who think they know it all. Captain save a hoes. Now let the OP share his fish and dont try to go back and forth with me.
Ok, I won't come at you with my sarcasm if you won't come at me & others with BS stuff like "....people don't understand how/why they are. They have never groomed a arowana..." -- in reference to our previous quite logical/ethical advice. What exactly prompted you to start a problem on this thread with crap like that (then have the nerve to act like I instigated this)?

In fact it's people like you jumping on others for offering sound/realistic advice that chases so many good people away from this site. We're trying to help with good advice, but simply put you're just throwing out BS and when you get called on it you start acting all defensive and making out others to be clowns -- look in the mirror, sheesh.

Lol I don't need to make a fool of you -- you're doing it quite well yourself. And if you read the other posts, I'm not the only only offering advice that 24/7 lighting is not recommended, esp. for a gold xback -- do you really want to debate either of these points?

And certainly nobody is jumping on OP, just offering our opinions, after he asked for feedback -- do you have a problem with that? If not why do you have to be Mr. Sarcastic by implying we (some of whom actually own Asian Aros), don't know wtf we're talking about, but for some reason you do...lmao. Then when I respond to this you start whining and telling me to not come at you lol. If you can't take the heat don't start a fire (or at least be man enough to admit you were wrong).

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
They tortured pows that way.
I feel sorry for some of the animals we keep. I really want an Asian but mine would probably look like crap because I'm not willing to put it through that type of torment to make it look "it's best".
In fact this is the main reason I went with gold Xbacks instead of reds, I just didn't want to have to subject the fish to that kind of treatment to get it looking primo -- something you really don't need to deal with when keeping Xbacks, all you really need to do is change your background colors progressively darker.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
You could get a green or rtg they won't require any grooming you could keep the fish in a tank unnatural environment prisoner of war style like all the fish we keep but feel good about not tanning it with lights. Lets not start this technically we have taken all this fish from their environments for our enjoyment. They are not free amd mever will enjoy the rivers streams or lakes again.
I'm not looking to start a war. I do however feel that I try and give them the best environment possible between the actual tank set up, food sources, and water quality/filtration. You are right though anything out of nature is not as good an environment as nature. But blasting them with high light radiation levels 24/7 is as far from natural as possble. Do as you will. I just stated mine would never look its "full potential" as I am unwilling to treat it in that way.
In fact this is the main reason I went with gold Xbacks instead of reds, I just didn't want to have to subject the fish to that kind of treatment to get it looking primo -- something you really don't need to deal with when keeping Xbacks, all you really need to do is change your background colors progressively darker.
Its a mute point anyway. I live in the states so they are illegal for me to keep. Doesnt stop me from dreaming and looking at others ........i do feel bad for some of them though. Like I stated earlier I'm not trying to start nothing just sayimg how I feel.

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Ok, I won't come at you with my sarcasm if you won't come at me & others with BS stuff like "....people don't understand how/why they are. They have never groomed a arowana..." -- in reference to our previous quite logical/ethical advice. What exactly prompted you to start a problem on this thread with crap like that (then have the nerve to act like I instigated this)?

In fact it's people like you jumping on others for offering sound/realistic advice that chases so many good people away from this site. We're trying to help with good advice, but simply put you're just throwing out BS and when you get called on it you start acting all defensive and making out others to be clowns -- look in the mirror, sheesh.

Lol I don't need to make a fool of you -- you're doing it quite well yourself. And if you read the other posts, I'm not the only only offering advice that 24/7 lighting is not recommended, esp. for a gold xback -- do you really want to debate either of these points?

And certainly nobody is jumping on OP, just offering our opinions, after he asked for feedback -- do you have a problem with that? If not why do you have to be Mr. Sarcastic by implying we (some of whom actually own Asian Aros), don't know wtf we're talking about, but for some reason you do...lmao. Then when I respond to this you start whining and telling me to not come at you lol. If you can't take the heat don't start a fire (or at least be man enough to admit you were wrong).
Obviously you took my comment not directed at anyone personally to reply to it in the first place...Start a fire lol....make assumptions of what i own....lol i pity the fool....YOU. please OP share and ignore this non sense the newer members bring to this once awesome forum.

Last edited:

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
I'm not looking to start a war. I do however feel that I try and give them the best environment possible between the actual tank set up, food sources, and water quality/filtration. You are right though anything out of nature is not as good an environment as nature. But blasting them with high light radiation levels 24/7 is as far from natural as possble. Do as you will. I just stated mine would never look its "full potential" as I am unwilling to treat it in that way.

Its a mute point anyway. I live in the states so they are illegal for me to keep. Doesnt stop me from dreaming and looking at others ........i do feel bad for some of them though. Like I stated earlier I'm not trying to start nothing just sayimg how I feel.
Thanks!!! A answer with thought no bs much respect to you.

Malte81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2014
Germany
I wouldn't do 24/7 lights on.
Imagine you are in a room with 24/7 lights on.
A Glas tank is for sure nothing compared to the wild but i think we have to make the life of our fishes as good as we can.
By the way asian arowana are not wild but cb.
Its not just a Status object for Show.
But its your fish.
He looks very nice by the way.
I wonder how he would look like in a normal tank with normal lighting.
White Tanks are not my Cup of Tea.
I have a x back aro and i keep him in a normal Setup.
Black Background, plants, sand substrate.
When he will not cross totaly because i have no white tank and no lights on 24/7 then i am fine with it.

Reactions: RD. and islandguy11

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
I wouldn't do 24/7 lights on.
Imagine you are in a room with 24/7 lights on.
A Glas tank is for sure nothing compared to the wild but i think we have to make the life of our fishes as good as we can.
By the way asian arowana are not wild but cb.
Its not just a Status object for Show.
But its your fish.
He looks very nice by the way.
I wonder how he would look like in a normal tank with normal lighting.
White Tanks are not my Cup of Tea.
I have a x back aro and i keep him in a normal Setup.
Black Background, plants, sand substrate.
When he will not cross totally because i have no white tank and no lights on 24/7 then i am fine with it.
Comes down to genetics in my experience. I have seen GHXB turn into nothing more the high backs when put into black tanks and low lighting... i have seen "lower quality" under alot of grooming turn out beautifully. I have seen reds turn red with no tanning and reds not red or orange even with constant lights.
Keep the fish how it lakes you happy and accept it for what it is. For me the goal is 25 years or more not colors.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Obviously you took my comment not directed at anyone personally to reply to it in the first place...Start a fire lol....make assumptions of what i own....lol i pity the fool....YOU. please OP share and ignore this non sense the newer members bring to this once awesome forum.
Your post with (innocently snide comment) was right after my (and other posts) giving contrary advice, umm who would the average person reckon you were referring to, some non-existent poster? But yeah, I guess you weren't trying to insult anyone, otherwise you would have just stated your opinion that 24/7 lights is good, and left out the "...some people don't understand how/why they are. They have never groomed a arowana..." cutesy stuff.

But what's funny is that you said you "would do it." (lights 24/7), but now in your last post you say "For me the goal is 25 years or more not colors." Contradict yourself much?

If the latter statement were really true, then you wouldn't be saying you'd be doing lights 24/7 (essentially trying to 'tan' the fish) with a gold xback -- the topic of this thread. You'd also be worried about the real possibility that a 24/7 lights on approach could increase the chance of your expensive fish getting the dreaded Drop-eye. Maybe you're ok with the next new Aro owner coming along and taking your advice as being good -- sorry I'm not and I don't give a FF how long you've been on this forum (yawn playing that card lol).

Yes OP, please keep sharing pix of your beauty and don't listen to cranky, dinosaur type members who think they know everything just because they've been on a particular forum longer than some others -- esp. fools that give nonsensical advice and resent 'newer members' from contributing/offering opinions to what is STILL and will continue to be an awesome forum. There are many other members who have been on this forum even longer than this joker, but don't act so lofty and condescending.

Last edited:

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Your post with (innocently snide comment) was right after my (and other posts) giving contrary advice, umm who would the average person reckon you were referring to, some non-existent poster? But yeah, I guess you weren't trying to insult anyone, otherwise you would have just stated your opinion that 24/7 lights is good, and left out the "...some people don't understand how/why they are. They have never groomed a arowana..." cutesy stuff.

But what's funny is that you said you "would do it." (lights 24/7), but now in your last post you say "For me the goal is 25 years or more not colors." Contradict yourself much?

If the latter statement were really true, then you wouldn't be saying you'd be doing lights 24/7 (essentially trying to 'tan' the fish) with a gold xback -- the topic of this thread. You'd also be worried about the real possibility that a 24/7 lights on approach could increase the chance of your expensive fish getting the dreaded Drop-eye. Maybe you're ok with the next new Aro owner coming along and taking your advice as being good -- sorry I'm not and I don't give a FF how long you've been on this forum (yawn playing that card lol).

Yes OP, please keep sharing pix of your beauty and don't listen to cranky, dinosaur type members who think they know everything just because they've been on a particular forum longer than some others -- esp. fools that give nonsensical advice and resent 'newer members' from contributing/offering opionions to what is STILL and will continue to be an awesome forum. There are many other members who have been on this forum even longer than this joker, but don't act so lofty and condescending.
Bruh i didnt even read this you have way to much time to write all that.....give up already move on lol how boring must your day be to sit and argue with yourself... everyone else had moved on if you didn't notice no need to keep going. Carry on soldier lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store