Small update

jjohnwm

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Do you have roots that keep you there? If not...it's a biiiiig country. Making a long-distance move is a bit more challenging than going to the other end of town, but it sure is more exciting. Gives you an excuse to get rid of all or most of your aquarium stock and gear and start fresh in a new location. Keep only the favourites, re-home the rest and start anew with the benefit of the knowledge and experience you have gained in the hobby. When I left Ontario for Manitoba I got rid of everything and re-designed my hobby without being saddled with literally tons of stuff I had dragged from house to house during previous short-distance moves. Best thing that ever happened for my enjoyment of aquariums.

You could even move into a more rural setting. That way, when you are floating about the house in your skivvies on water change day (I vividly recall you painting that mental image in an old thread!), you don't need to worry about the local population of teenaged boys lining up outside...:)

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Do you have roots that keep you there? If not...it's a biiiiig country. Making a long-distance move is a bit more challenging than going to the other end of town, but it sure is more exciting. Gives you an excuse to get rid of all or most of your aquarium stock and gear and start fresh in a new location. Keep only the favourites, re-home the rest and start anew with the benefit of the knowledge and experience you have gained in the hobby. When I left Ontario for Manitoba I got rid of everything and re-designed my hobby without being saddled with literally tons of stuff I had dragged from house to house during previous short-distance moves. Best thing that ever happened for my enjoyment of aquariums.

You could even move into a more rural setting. That way, when you are floating about the house in your skivvies on water change day (I vividly recall you painting that mental image in an old thread!), you don't need to worry about the local population of teenaged boys lining up outside...:)
Nothing is keeping me here except my bf and his family, I left my family on the east coast for a better life on the west coast…I even tried getting my bf to move to Ontario or Nova Scotia. I’m all for cross country moves and dropping everything to do one ?the bf however is a little more reserved with his decision making…took me 6 years to convince him to buy a house bc he doesn’t like committeemen (apparently I trapped him and one day he woke up and realized he was in a committed relationship without his knowing ?)

the town we are looking at has a very small reported crime rate which is to be expected but it’s also a much smaller town. It’s far enough away from the big city that I can leave my bbq in the back yard thankfully! And I can keep my job.
Thankfully I’m much too old for the teenage boys ? but definitely still shuffle around in my under crackers life is never to busy for that!

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Get with the programme, it's "undercrackers". Lol.

Teenage boys? I'm no teenage boy, but if I was in the area on water change day I think I'd be lined up outside too! Lol.
To be fair it’s probably just grown on people by now bc it’s not just water change day….more like everyday ?

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Honestly after reading this thread several times and thinking hard, I really don't know what to say. Except perhaps that you must have had a hell of a tough time, and congratulations for not giving up.

Glad to see you back! Hope it's smooth sailing from now on.

Reactions: Niki_up

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Honestly after reading this thread several times and thinking hard, I really don't know what to say. Except perhaps that you must have had a hell of a tough time, and congratulations for not giving up.

Glad to see you back! Hope it's smooth sailing from now on.
So far so good my friend!!! Glad to be back!

I’m very glad I haven’t given up either honestly. My 95’s survived the crash and are doing fantastic. Had they not made it I might not have been here haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store