Smashed pleco

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
So I rescued my pleco, she had under dug a big rock and it settled on top of her. At first I didn't notice the real damage till I saw her on the front glass. There is some extensive damage to get dorsal fin. 20181124_134953.jpg

But I am worried, it looks like some internal bleeding. 20181124_135023.jpg

Just good water and salt is all I really can do? Melafix maybe?

Reactions: Fishflyer

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So I rescued my pleco, she had under dug a big rock and it settled on top of her. At first I didn't notice the real damage till I saw her on the front glass. There is some extensive damage to get dorsal fin. View attachment 1345937

But I am worried, it looks like some internal bleeding. View attachment 1345938

Tbh only time will tell for her injuries. Just keep the water in pristine conditions. Hope she recovers.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
So I rescued my pleco, she had under dug a big rock and it settled on top of her. At first I didn't notice the real damage till I saw her on the front glass. There is some extensive damage to get dorsal fin. View attachment 1345937

But I am worried, it looks like some internal bleeding. View attachment 1345938

Yes aquarium salt. Some Prme or Safe. Get opinion of your local fish store owner/expert. If there is one. Is it acting normally and eating? Get a Slime Coat additive. Usually that will seal off external wounds from infection.

Reactions: Matteus and Jexnell

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yes aquarium salt. Some Prme or Safe. Get opinion of your local fish store owner/expert. If there is one. Is it acting normally and eating? Get a Slime Coat additive. Usually that will seal off external wounds from infection.
I just saw the post that she is acting normally. The Prime or Safe (same thing) not to be confused with Safe Start. Prime or Safe will neutralize any lingering toxins in water. Use a little extra. She is a beauty. All the best!

Reactions: Matteus and Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I put her in my 46bowfront, she is the biggest fish in there now. So can rest and recover in peace. Added salt at 1t per 1020181124_195824.jpg gal. The tank got a 100% water change yesterday (got moved to a different wall in the same room) and added some Melafix. Hope she pulls thru ok.

Reactions: Fishflyer
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store