cool color but that is one ugly faced aro

remnds me of billy bob thorton when he played that not so smart guy in
Sling Blade (1996).

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
havent they been known to sell for $60,000? he doent seem to have DE. alt least in the eye shown.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
you have seen that the buy it now price is $10999.00

wizzin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
East of Pittsburgh
T1KARMANN;827900; said:
if someone chould just tell me what the big deal with a snow aro is maybe i chould understand the price

if it was blue red or gold then yes its worth the money

but its white and for me it worth no more than any other silver aro
That fish is more rare than a blue, red or gold. That's why it's worth so much. There's probably only half a dozen in existence on the planet at the moment vs. the asian blue base, or chili red, or rtg etc. which are closing in on the 500,000 produced annually mark. The rarer, the more $$$$.

The seller is also a very reputable seller on aquabid. Actually, I would spend that kind of money if I had it to spend. :cry:

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
wizzin;828040; said:
That fish is more rare than a blue, red or gold. That's why it's worth so much. There's probably only half a dozen in existence on the planet at the moment vs. the asian blue base, or chili red, or rtg etc. which are closing in on the 500,000 produced annually mark. The rarer, the more $$$$.

The seller is also a very reputable seller on aquabid. Actually, I would spend that kind of money if I had it to spend. :cry:
At least it's not illegal to keep. :D

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
:D
wizzin;828040; said:

what i was saying is if it was a blue red or gold silver aro
white is just an albino to me i wouldnt pay $20 for it

the only nice thing about it above a normal silver aro is the price tag

what you are saying is if you found a porsche that was pink with white spots you wouid rather pay more for that than a nice red one just because it was more rare even if you looked like a clown driving it :D

lets be fair hear if someone shows pics of their new fish and its dam ugly with broken fins overshot bottom jaw and a bad body shape most people say nice fish good pick up just out of respect even if the fish looks crap

for me the only good selling point of that fish is its white nothing else

with aros i know color is high on the list but their is other things to consider like does the aro have PLJ ,are the fins in good shape and does the aro hold it self well in the tank

most people would walk away from that aro if it wasnt white

being white snow or albino is not enought to justfiy the price you chould buy a much nicer impressive asian aro com for the price of that ugly white aro

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
To each his own. I wouldn't & I don't appreicate this particular specimen but many others would, hence they would be willing to pay the price. There is no right or wrong on this issue as far as the value of the fish is concern. :)

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
joeytoe;827958; said:

remnds me of billy bob thorton when he played that not so smart guy in
Sling Blade (1996).
MMMmmm musterd and biscits musterd and biscits that's what momma fed me when i was locked in the barn that snow aro would taste good with some musterd and biscits.:grinno:

wizzin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
East of Pittsburgh
T1KARMANN;828052; said:
:D

what i was saying is if it was a blue red or gold silver aro
white is just an albino to me i wouldnt pay $20 for it

the only nice thing about it above a normal silver aro is the price tag

what you are saying is if you found a porsche that was pink with white spots you wouid rather pay more for that than a nice red one just because it was more rare even if you looked like a clown driving it :D

lets be fair hear if someone shows pics of their new fish and its dam ugly with broken fins overshot bottom jaw and a bad body shape most people say nice fish good pick up just out of respect even if the fish looks crap

for me the only good selling point of that fish is its white nothing else

with aros i know color is high on the list but their is other things to consider like does the aro have PLJ ,are the fins in good shape and does the aro hold it self well in the tank

most people would walk away from that aro if it wasnt white

being white snow or albino is not enought to justfiy the price you chould buy a much nicer impressive asian aro com for the price of that ugly white aro
The only way your porsche analogy would work is if it was a bleached silver aro with injected red dye spots! Who do you think you are? George Bush with the analogies? LOL. You can paint a car any color. Color morphs only happen once in a great while.

I do agree, it's not in the best shape, but it's still an extremely rare animal. If you aren't into color morphs, then just ignore it. I personally think it's interesting. Not $11k interesting, but interesting none the less. Face it, deformities are bringing big bucks in the aquaria trade. You don't have to like it, it's just a fact.

The other thing, like Chaos said, it's legal to keep a snow silver aro in the US. So for those of us less fortunate who can't own Asian aros, something like this is a chance for a rare arowana.

As far as shipping a 28" aro from Thailand to the US??? I'm sure it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store