So you want your new African Tiger Fish to eat pellets?

BamBeckham

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The mix should work. The main concern I would have though is your rays eating the ATF, but if they're not eating your mahseers or barbs the ATF would probably be ok.

The ATF will take swipes at other silvery fish. That is guaranteed. The stock you have listed sounds like an excellent mix for some tigers, but you have to decide if you're willing to risk slashed sides, torn fins and the occasional death.

Sent from my Samsung GS5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
If I separate them for temporary & let the ATF & tinfoils only in the tank for learning process. Then after the ATF already learn, I mix them back with my mahseer & other barbs. Is it be okay then?

I think my rays will be alright because it cant catch all the swimming fishes.. just I have to feed them(rays) with live food that could be challangers when the ATF in the house..

;-)

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
I have had excellent luck by using the clear, hard plastic ,rigid ,"lift" tube type pipes that are normally used on undergravel filters. You can get relatively long replacement pieces for a few dollars at a LFS usually. You can drop the food items down into the pipe and watch it sink until it gets down to the desired bottom feeder you are attempting to feed and the other fish cannot get to it until it comes out the bottom of the tube. Works like a charm. Thanks

Lustrum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
bought some bala Sharks to be teacher fish as I couldn't find tin foils.. was wondering if I can put them in the same tank as my Goliath. unfortunately my teacher fish are bigger than my Goliath, by about 2-3cm. can I still put them together?

MichaelE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2005
sweden
It
bought some bala Sharks to be teacher fish as I couldn't find tin foils.. was wondering if I can put them in the same tank as my Goliath. unfortunately my teacher fish are bigger than my Goliath, by about 2-3cm. can I still put them together?
It should be fine :)

Vulkan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2010
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
I added four red tailed tinfoil barbs, and imo they seem to be more of a hinderance then anything. They don't give my GATF's a chance to get to the food, who are already very picky eaters, they only accept blood worms easily which doesn't fill them up. They have to compete with the barbs which are less shy to eat anything. Any advice?

MichaelE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2005
sweden
I added four red tailed tinfoil barbs, and imo they seem to be more of a hinderance then anything. They don't give my GATF's a chance to get to the food, who are already very picky eaters, they only accept blood worms easily which doesn't fill them up. They have to compete with the barbs which are less shy to eat anything. Any advice?
Well, the point of the barbs is to get them to eat pellets and for that to work you have to starve them a little bit...so I wouldn't feed them any bloodworms regardless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store