Spaghetti Eels... behaving like bugs bunny :D

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
I've never seen these guys in person. They seem pretty cool, really lively.
yea, they are kind of cute :D kind like miniature moray eels or enlarged worm-fish-eel hybrid :D

There are very little info about them online. But most of experienced aquarists here in Indonesia knows them. They are rare and not so popular because they like to hide a lot, and they are considered as not as pretty as morays.

I will do my best to provide actual hands-on info about rare eels, both spaghettis and morays, which are common in my country & which I have handled myself. Too much incomplete information and half-truths in the Internet, so I hope I can share better info.

Reactions: Matteus

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
I've never seen these guys in person. They seem pretty cool, really lively.
yea, they are kind of cute :D kind like miniature moray eels or enlarged worm-fish-eel hybrid :D

There are very little info about them online. But most of experienced aquarists here in Indonesia knows them. They are rare and not so popular because they like to hide a lot, and they are considered as not as pretty as morays.

I will do my best to provide actual hands-on info about rare eels, both spaghettis and morays, which are common in my country & which I have handled myself. Too much incomplete information and half-truths in the Internet, so I hope I can share better info.

Reactions: FishBeast

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
Very cool! Do you keep them in brackish?
Well, I keep it in a low-brackish aquarium (now 1.004sg), but in my country, these eels are known as freshwater eels which are captured several kilometers away from the estuarium. Apparently the juveniles lives in brackish, then go to the muddier part of the river a they grow older. So, they really should be kept in freshwater judging by their adult sizes now. But I already keep some brackish fishes in my aquarium, so turning it into FW is not an option. I'll wait some time and decide whether to move the eels or to move the other fishes, or to simply let them be. As precautions, I just moved my whitecheek freshwater moray, to make space for the spaghettis.

john_lord_b3

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2017
sites.google.com
Ah, okay. Youtube inadvertendly change the settings. This one should werk:

For those who watched this video. See those colorful mollies? They are nowhere to be found in my aquarum anymore. Only 3 of the larger ones left. Apparently one (or all) of the eels snacked on them while I wasn't looking. Since they were fine when there were only my whitecheek moray in the aquarium, I think it was the spaghetti who ate them. Oh well, at least now we know that they likes small mollies too.

Reactions: J. H. and Matteus

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
Well, I keep it in a low-brackish aquarium (now 1.004sg), but in my country, these eels are known as freshwater eels which are captured several kilometers away from the estuarium. Apparently the juveniles lives in brackish, then go to the muddier part of the river a they grow older. So, they really should be kept in freshwater judging by their adult sizes now. But I already keep some brackish fishes in my aquarium, so turning it into FW is not an option. I'll wait some time and decide whether to move the eels or to move the other fishes, or to simply let them be. As precautions, I just moved my whitecheek freshwater moray, to make space for the spaghettis.
Hi ,your whitecheek freshwater moray could definetelly eat all your spaghetti eels.It is good that you dont keep moray and these eels together...

P9040041.JPG
this was my spaghetti eel...

Reactions: xenacanth9
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store