spider wood

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I like it! I recently picked up a new ~60g tank, dimensions were 60x15x15 and was thinking what I could use to decorate it and all my other tanks have just had the Malaysian dw so I wanted to try something a bit different with this one. spider wood seemed a good option because of the small space I have to work with. I was a little worried at first because the spider wood is VERY branchy and pokey. I had nightmares of my cichlids getting chased into is and losing an eye. but I went ahead anyway and I'm pretty pleased. it took a few days to sink and a day or two after it had sunk it began to get all gross and fuzzy. I think the first 2 pieces have been submerged for about 2 weeks and it is starting to go away. hopefully this stuff wont break down really fast, I love the pieces I was able to get, they look great.
I put in some guianacara who went in a day before everyone else and it was amazing when I put them in. I expect everyone to hang out on the bottom and get their bearings etc for a bit when I put fish into a new tank, but these fish completely disappeared. they wedged themselves into every little hole created by the branches, it was super interesting to see how well this wood helps them camouflage. it helps they are all brown and were pretty stressed from the move, but it was really cool. whats everyone else's experiences with spider wood been? anyone not like it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store