Sports, gym and fitness thread 2019

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The protein powders sure are a big business as there are so many to chose from out there with their fancy containers and labeling.They all have one thing in common on all of the labels that made me leary of them years ago....."The claims made by the manufacturers of this product has not been tested or proven by the FDA."

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
The protein powders sure are a big business as there are so many to chose from out there with their fancy containers and labeling.They all have one thing in common on all of the labels that made me leary of them years ago....."The claims made by the manufacturers of this product has not been tested or proven by the FDA."
Word...but considering some of the things the fda has approved, it wouldnt be a lot of consolation imo.

Reactions: Lepisosteus

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah that too but those companies can make any outrageous claim they think will get their stuff off of the shelves while the stuff is nothing but milkshake lol.
I did dabble a little with METRX back in the day.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I have a basic blended whey shake straight after I work out but that's it. The main reason is because sometime , with family life going on I can't actually eat dinner for 2 hours or so and I think it doesn't hurt to have something in the belly for that period.
Some of the "hardcore" shakes make me laugh with a picture on the tub of a steroid king in their underwear firing bolts of lightning from their biceps and cock. Young dudes pay a fortune for them and sadly I did too when I was young.
Remember shakes are a supplement, that means they supplement a healthy balanced diet not replace it.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I have a basic blended whey shake straight after I work out but that's it. The main reason is because sometime , with family life going on I can't actually eat dinner for 2 hours or so and I think it doesn't hurt to have something in the belly for that period.
Some of the "hardcore" shakes make me laugh with a picture on the tub of a steroid king in their underwear firing bolts of lightning from their biceps and cock. Young dudes pay a fortune for them and sadly I did too when I was young.
Remember shakes are a supplement, that means they supplement a healthy balanced diet not replace it.
Not gonna lie one of the main reasons i didnt use them when i was younger was the price. Most of my cash went towards exotic smokables in those days.

Reactions: Ogertron3000

kristinelap

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2022
My goal for the year ahead is to lose unwanted weight. I have struggled with this problem for quite a long time, and I know how hard it is. I have tried many gyms several unique techniques from trainers and finally found the right way for me. Once I signed up for aerobics with a friend, it paid off in just a month. I stood on the scales and realized that the numbers were getting lower and lower every time. The goal for the year is to get to my ideal weight at this pace and not to abandon what I have already achieved.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
My goal for the year ahead is to lose unwanted weight. I have struggled with this problem for quite a long time, and I know how hard it is. I have tried many gyms several unique techniques from trainers and finally found the right way for me. Once I signed up for aerobics with a friend, it paid off in just a month. I stood on the scales and realized that the numbers were getting lower and lower every time. The goal for the year is to get to my ideal weight at this pace and not to abandon what I have already achieved.
I've always found that the closer you get to the goal, the harder it is to lose each pound. I know you said "pace" but ime, at least for me, it usually takes a gradual ramp up of intensity and time spent training to close in on the goal...which I rarely reach completely. This summer I hope to finally make 225-235 lbs after leveling out around 245 the past few spring/summers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store