SRT x Cichlasoma мelanura cross

sarmatian07

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2020
Looking good.
Wonder why the seller of the rt said the fading skips a generation as it is a dominant trait? With the fertility and non fading it is likely a regular or line bred pure carpintis.
I have tried to make super red vieja with a bifaciatus x srm but the 13" vieja is not interested in any females.
This STR was from the same brood with my male. It is much more interesting, but unfortunately it has already been sold. Look at its color, it has little resemblance to carpintis. I am not familiar with super red vieja. How does it differ from SRM and red syn? I am also interested in this topic https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/super-red-monkey-diagram.732027/#post-8256016 Give a link to a photo of this cichlid.

IMG_7333.JPG

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
That's a really nice fish! Not going to comment on the color as the base color could be a lighter shade of anything and still look reddish with that pink light.
I would believe a seller claiming they fade later in life at 6" or so but not anything about fading skipping a generation etc. Either way awesome project. Very interested to see what color holds with the pearls in this cross!
I was attempting a super red syn type fish, hoping for the red and pinks of the bifa to pass down with the fading gene to achieve solid color, huge, vieja looking fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store