SRT x Cichlasoma мelanura cross

sarmatian07

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2020
Although the main goal is to get F2 SynTex and select the pure line of RT, I am considering other crosses as well. Presumably, the SynTex hybrid contains about 62.5% of the synspilum vieja gene. It is known that combining the genes of vieja synspilum and Midas / Devil makes it possible to obtain a BP hybrid (short body and red color after the fading process). Maybe someone knows and can tell me if 62.5% of the synspilum vieja gene is enough to get a short body and red color when breeding with Midas / Devil? In Thailand I have seen faded and unfaded hybrids that have a parrot body and RT color.

90.png

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I would like to rely on someone's experience and not waste time and resources, but I will try. The other day I audited the livestock and euthanized half. Left 30 fish with bright dots and three green ones. Age 8 months.

View attachment 1477421
Looking good so far. I wouldn't consider it all a waste of time tho. If your gaining experience, it's still a gain even if it is all just trail and error by the end of the day.

Personally I like the way your fish looks already, especially the body profile. I also like that nice mix of reds, greens and blues it has going on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store