Still feel like a newb.

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Agree with the other your tanks doing great. The background plant looks like hygro compact to me. My thought was always that long leaves were a sign of not enough light and the plants reaching for more. You probably have a good light to fertilizer ratio. I wish could offer more advice then that but I’m still trying to figure it out myself. My planted tanks have always done great and then not so great. It comes and goes in phases. I don’t have any experience with a high tech tank.

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
Looks great. You've got everything anyone could suggest.. light, co2 and root tabs. You haven't mentioned liquid ferts? I get great results with this.

My only advice... prune any leaves that look unhealthy and this allows the plant to focus energy on the healthy leaves and new growth.

But it honestly it looks great and you clearly aren't a newb haha.

Reactions: 30index

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
I was using liquid ferts before the CO2 was added. Kind of laid off since I thought it might be bit too much.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ok so I have a new issue and am unsure how to deal with it. The water has become very cloudy and looks to be a bacterial bloom. Ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are all registering zero. Normally I would be worried about the nitrates at zero but I am assuming the plants are reducing this. I have done some research online and by all accounts the bloom should resolve itself but it has now been several weeks. Any ideas?
The plants are growing out of control and need to be trimmed at this point.

0407EF7F-C1E4-4A82-A5C8-3AE7E155D5E8.jpeg

Reactions: Fishnerd360

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Any idea what causes it? I do roughly 10% water change every other day. Mostly just to get waste out of the bottom as there are quite a few snails.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store