Iowa
Translation?

I can't even see it.......

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I dont speak Portuguese but it looks like the yellow column is the exporting company, the white is how many rays they requested to export and the green column is how many they were granted to export.

Very interesting that each exporter gets the same amount to export (except for henlei and schroderi), I would think that they should all be able to export as many as they can until the whole quota is reached. That would create competition and drop prices. If each exporter is allowed the exact same number of fish to export then its easy for them to come together and say, "hey, we are all exporting the same number of fish, lets all sell them for the same price."

sam buckle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
cornwall
JD7.62;2673797; said:
I dont speak Portuguese but it looks like the yellow column is the exporting company, the white is how many rays they requested to export and the green column is how many they were granted to export.

Very interesting that each exporter gets the same amount to export (except for henlei and schroderi), I would think that they should all be able to export as many as they can until the whole quota is reached. That would create competition and drop prices. If each exporter is allowed the exact same number of fish to export then its easy for them to come together and say, "hey, we are all exporting the same number of fish, lets all sell them for the same price."

Hi everyone , im new on here but not new to raykeeping.
but to the point i speak portuguese(not perfectly) and that is exactly what it says. i also noticed that any of the companys that were greedy and requested the full 5000 were denied any rays at all. if you need any help with any other translation just ask.

best forum on the internet especially now thomas peters(best ray collection) is on here!

Kevaldo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
England
sam buckle;2677930; said:
Hi everyone , im new on here but not new to raykeeping.
but to the point i speak portuguese(not perfectly) and that is exactly what it says. i also noticed that any of the companys that were greedy and requested the full 5000 were denied any rays at all. if you need any help with any other translation just ask.

best forum on the internet especially now thomas peters(best ray collection) is on here!
hi Sam and welcome to MFK, good to have another U.K. ray keeper here.

Kev

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
JD7.62;2673797; said:

Thanks JD...

Very interesting but doubt they all get together and set a price.

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
^ I wouldn't. If I'd be where I want to be right now I'd fly right down there and scoop whatever rays are "pre-sold" for myself. As Mike mentioned, it's not pretty, wanna bargain?!? :D

The prices will be up and down for the next couple years, but, to be honest, Mike's prices are so far the most reasonable I could find in NA.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
severum1;2678434; said:
Don't doubt Gr.
:ROFL:

Just my opinion is all. Always open to others thoughts!

If it were on a local level, I think it might be possible, even on a national level perhaps, BUT on a Global level? Doubt it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store