Jan 27, 2021
Ohio
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
My pearl hybrid female looks like she is swollen I have no clue what is going on and I can’t find info anywhere, maybe someone on here could help me ?? Please and thank you

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Post ur water parameters or attempt to test for it. Tank size? Tank mates?

Reactions: tlindsey

Os Aqualand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2021
Ohio
tank mates are two old Dempsey a small datnoid and 3 Cory cats and she is in a 55 right now only been in it a few weeks and she will only be in it for a few more weeks if that

Os Aqualand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2021
Ohio
Post ur water parameters or attempt to test for it. Tank size? Tank mates?
Tested the water yesterday and ammonia was 0 nitrite was 0 but my nitrate was a little high so I am putting nitra zorb in my filter .. I noticed my ray looking like this today

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Tested the water yesterday and ammonia was 0 nitrite was 0 but my nitrate was a little high so I am putting nitra zorb in my filter .. I noticed my ray looking like this today
I think you gotta increase ur water changes to 50% twice a week with a dechlorinator. Or more depending on ur nitrates. Eventually as the ray grows the output of waste will overwhelm. What’s the long term plan for a tank? In meantime water changes will end good right now.

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Os Aqualand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2021
Ohio
I do use a dechlorinator and I will now do 50% twice a week and she will be moving to a 125g and from there into my pool pond . Does the nitrate level explain why she is puffed up like that ?

Os Aqualand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2021
Ohio
I think you gotta increase ur water changes to 50% twice a week with a dechlorinator. Or more depending on ur nitrates. Eventually as the ray grows the output of waste will overwhelm. What’s the long term plan for a tank? In meantime water changes will end good right now.
You can see more in this photo

image.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I do use a dechlorinator and I will now do 50% twice a week and she will be moving to a 125g and from there into my pool pond . Does the nitrate level explain why she is puffed up like that ?
It could. Anytime these rays have an issue it’s usually poor water quality. Increase ur water changes and see how the ray looks and acts. Keep nitrates <20ppm or better.

Os Aqualand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2021
Ohio
It could. Anytime these rays have an issue it’s usually poor water quality. Increase ur water changes and see how the ray looks and acts. Keep nitrates <20ppm or better.
Awesome thank you will do ! She is still active like normal which is good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store